#1. Shadows Of My Soul

First time publishing something on Wattpad, so... WUZZUPPPP?!
Hullo, lovely people- or demigods. I don't mind. Demigods are people, too, I just meant... Eh, you get it.

I hope everyone will enjoy reading this, because it took me quite a long time to write, so soak it all up! This is a Pernico fanfic (or as me and my chapter supervisor call it 'Pico'- cause it's cuter), so keep reading if you want to see the good stuff!

Feedback (hopefully positive) would be very much appreciated (votes and comments, yeah?), thank ya! :)

So ummm..... HUGE MEGA PROPS AND THANKS to Viria who is such a great artist and made the media pic and music video on the side bar, which inspired me to write this chapter!

with love, BooBear and Curly!! :D

And I won't keep you waiting any longer cause I know your feels can't take it so-
*drumroll*

Without further ADO:

Chapter #1: Waters Of My Soul

NICO POV

~Who knows how long I've been awake now?
The shadows on my wall don't sleep
They keep calling me, beckoning
But I keep pushing on and on and on and on
There's nothing left to say now
I'm giving up, giving up, giving up now
Below my soul, I feel an engine
Collapsing as it sees the pain
If I could only shut it out
I've come too far to see the end now
Even if my way is wrong
I keep pushing on and on and on and on
There's nothing left to say now
I'm giving up, giving up, giving up now
I keep falling, I keep falling down
If you could only save me
I'm drowning in the waters of my soul~

"Get your filthy hands off me!" I screamed at no one in particular. "Let me go!"

Whoever or whatever was dragging me only gripped my arm tighter. I squirmed. Nice. I realised it wasn't human if it had claws... which is always nice to know when you're being kidnaped. I'm in deep schist right now... My eyes were blind folded, my hands were bound and my butt was beginning to ache from being dragged across gravel. That was hint: I was not at camp anymore. I had a strange feeling that I might not have even be in New York. It's always nice to end your hell of a day being kidnaped by a monster, am I right? How did I even get into this mess? Unfortunately, I had been asking that question a lot lately...

Memories flooded my mind and I involuntarily let them in.

*
When I was trapped in the jar in Rome, I had dreamt. A lot. It seemed as if it was the only thing I could do besides pick up a pomegranate seed every time I felt my eyes pry themselves open. I felt like I was being suffocated. Which was the intention, but I lived on. And I dreamt. The dreams were frequent. Horrifying. Depressing. Heartbreaking. Devastating. Longing... The dreams caused me more pain than the intentional torture. And to make it worse?

HE came...

He showed up with a couple others and saved me. Why? Why would he do that? How could he...

It just made everything that much worse. He still thinks I hate him, which I keep trying to convince myself I do... Yet he still trusted me and risked his life and even a few friend's lives--to save me. So... Naturally, I tried not to speak to him. Which turned out to be easier than I thought.

He later fell into Tartarus trying to save his girlfriend. All I remember is my heart shattering as I saw his grip fail, his eyes desperate as his body began crashing down into the hellish void below. Maybe I could have done something... Anything. But I didn't. My legs were j-ello, my head was misty and my heart was as empty as my stomach.