'What were the names of the two children and worker?' I ask

'We only know the name of one of the children, her name is Annalise and the worker is called Ray' he tells me

I look up at Leroy who nods slightly, 'What about the other child? Why do you not know his name?' 

'He refused to talk to us, it even took us a while to get Annalise to tell us her name they were then adopted by a family in your town, after a few years the family reported that the boy had ran away, taken all of his belongings and left, he apparently didn't leave anything behind and so Annalise remained with the family' 

'Were the two of them close?' 

'Oh yes, they were very close and the boy refused to go anywhere without her, he was very protective of her, almost obsessed' he says, I scribble down what he's saying 'So we found it strange when the family had said that he ran away without taking Annalise with him, we thought at first that he had been kidnapped but we quickly dismissed that idea because kidnappers don't usually take the belongings of their victims with them' 

'Thank you Officer Blume, you have been very helpful' I say, putting my pen down

'No problem, do call again if you have anymore questions, goodbye' he says and I hang up the phone. I read over my notes before looking at Leroy.

'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?' I ask, he nods

'I think the boy is suspicious and I also think that Annalise knows he is suspicious, hence why she used the terms 'he' and 'him' when she spoke, Ray knows too' 

'I think they're hiding something from us' I state, 'either way we have to find the boy before they do but it's going to be difficult, I think they have a head start'

Leroy nods 'the boy is now our prime suspect, we need to try and find all the documents that had been salvaged from the care home, that way we can find out more about him' 

'Yes, after we have a bit more information we can call them in for another interview, they're bound to open up when we present the evidence to them, but for now let's focus on finding out more about the boy' I tell him, he nods and gets up to leave my office. 

---

Ray's POV

I sat at my desk chair, sipping on my coffee as I watch back the CCTV footage from my home office. I am a very private man and even though I don't really have anything to hide, I am used to living alone so it's kind of strange having Anna live with me. I know she's very curious and I also know that she does everything that unknown number says, I can't afford to have her snooping around my office.

I lean back in the chair comfortably, the CCTV shows nothing, just me coming in and out or sitting down to work at my desk. Suddenly the screen goes black 'Footage missing' I frown...what? I rewind but there's nothing, there's just over half an hour of missing footage, why? Did the camera switch off by itself? There's no way, it has to be an interference, unknown number?

But why? Why would he delete footage from my CCTV? I suddenly sit up, chills running down my back, was he here? Going through my stuff? I stand up, my chair rolling backwards as I make my way over to my bookshelf, where did I put it? I pull out a couple of books before finding the right one, I pull it out to find the letter that Mathew Cross sent me years ago, it's still here, that makes me frown more.

It can't have been unknown number, he would have taken the letter with him, was it Annalise? I clutch the letter tighter in my hand, he told her about the letter and she must have read it and he deleted the footage, covering for her. I snort, 'well you didn't do a very good job because now I know' I spoke to myself. But what am I going to do? Does she plan on retrieving what Mathew Cross sent me to retrieve? I won't let that happen, 'how stupid, he is using her and she's following him' I say. 

I walk over to the window behind my desk, staring out to the street, I stare directly at the apartment building that's opposite my own, a 'For Sale' sign is pasted on one of the windows. It has been up for sale for a week now, the previous owners have already moved out. I gasp suddenly as I see someone standing at the window, I can't see his face just his body, a black long sleeved shirt is tucked into black jeans, his hands come into view and I see that he has black gloves on, he's holding a piece of paper.

'I can hear you Ray' he drops the paper and behind it is another one 'What's your biggest fear?' the paper drops 'Is it me?

'W-who are you?' I say, my body growing tense.

He holds up a different paper 'I didn't like what you said Ray' he drops that paper 'And now you've made me angry' the paper drops 'The countdown begins Ray'. He drops the last paper and the gloved hand reaches up above the window, he pulls down the blind that has the number four written on it. What does that mean? Is he going to kill me? In four days? Four weeks? Four hours? What should I do? One thing is for sure, I have the fulfil what Mathew Cross wanted me to fulfil before he kills me.

I look down at the letter in my hand once more, I have to do this...now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you want Unknown number to act? His personality? I really want to know what you guys want so that it gives me a better idea of how to make him when he appears in the near future. COMMENT&VOTE.

BeastOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara