eight ;

chapter eight: the eating contest

i have french for 5th period and i groan once mrs. martinez enters the room and starts discussing about the importance of learning different languages and how it could help us in the future. i'm active in her class every so often but it's hard to focus when you didn't get the chance to eat lunch.

coach loftin called for me again and she wanted to see my skills. alias, my ability to dance and do flawless cartwheels. she wanted me to join cheerleading but i don't want to. i have the potential and the ability to do so, but cheerleading just isn't my thing. but she says that her offer still stands, i can join when I'm ready.

i press my face on my desk and look out the window, letting the blinding sunlight to penetrate my eyes. i feel something buzzing on my pocket and I fish it out, seeing a text message from alex.

baby boy alex

hey, need 2 tell u something

baby girl gabriella

???

baby boy alex

ok hoe this is how it goes...

i was at monet's recently, remember? and I told u that this jessica girl and hannah baker kind of joined me to their group and we go to monet's as our 'office'. yknow, how we're friends right now??

I frown and look over at Alex at the other side of the room, seated at the back. I give him a confused look, nodding at my phone. He rolls his eyes and mouths, Just read.

baby girl gabriella

wht r u trying to imply alex

baby boy alex

IT'S KIND HARD TO ExpLain!!!

long story short, i like jessica

and she likes me too

and we've been dating for awhile now

and idk what to do with hannah , i mean i don't want to make her as a 3rd wheel when we're all together

HELP ME GURL

I gasp and try to cover it with a cough, earning a few glances from students seated around me. I look at Alex and mouth, Holy shit! Seriously?

He nodded vigorously, looking happy and a bit stressed. He points his phone, waiting for my reply.

baby girl gabriella

i am outta here alex

I mean

Damn idk

Wren's usually the one who gives advice

AND WHY DON'T YOU ASK YOUR NEW POPULAR FRIENDS

"miss Emerson and mr. Standall! je vous serais reconnaissant si vous faites attention à ma classe. je suis sûr que les problèmes de votre fille peuvent attendre, mr. Standall." mrs. martinez proclaims at the front of the class, giving us a warning look.

"mes excuses, madame martinez. " i mutter, putting my phone back in my pocket, mouthing later! to alex.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

i roam around 6th period, surprisingly not bumping into staff members, while i'm headed at the cafeteria. i see the double doors closed with a paper taped to it saying, Cafeteria's closed. Under maintenance. Closed until 3:00.