Chapter 9

Terrence

Me and Emily are going out to eat. Nathan got the kids. "Bae remember this?". She turned on that hoe song and started singing along. This girl. I took the aux cord out and shook my head. "Bae that was my shit.".

"So you a hoe now?"

"I used to be."

"Shit I know.". She smacked her lips.

"You used to be a hoe too nigga."

"I was a player it's a difference."

"Nigga you was a hoe too. Swear to God you wasn't.". I can't even lie I used to be a hoe. "Exactly.".

"Fuck you."

"Pull over and you can."

...

I was texting a co-worker about something work related and Emily snatched the phone from me. Here we go. "Hm.". She shrugged her shoulders and gave it back to me. I just looked at her. She just looked around the restaurant. "Let me know when you're free.", she said not looking at me. That was rude as fuck. Me texting not her saying that.

"Baby I'm sorry.", I said grabbing her hand. She looked at me.

"It's supposed to be me and you tonight."

"It is.". I turned my phone off, I showed her as I did. I put it back in my pocket and looked at her. She smiled. We talked about her day and my job until the food came. I just looked at her as she ate. I am so lucky.

"What? Is it something on my face?"

"No, you're just really beautiful.". She smiled.

"Thank you babe, you not though. You popped.". I smacked my lips. "I'm just playin' daddy. You're very handsome.".

"I know.". She smacked her lips. "Thank you.". She smiled.

"You're welcome. Babe I love you."

"I love you too baby. We haven't had a real break from Olivia's bad ass in a minute."

"Olivia is not bad."

"That's a damn lie. She always turn the game off and she's starting to beat me up too."

"She just wants your attention, that's all."

"She gets my attention."

"She wants more of it, that's why she's always bothering you."

...

When we went in the house we heard Tupac bumping. What the fuck these little niggas know about Tupac?

"I ain't a killer, but don't push me
Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin' pussy
Picture paragraphs unloaded, wise words being quoted
Peeped the weakness in the rap game and sewed it
Bow down, pray to God, hopin' that he's listenin'
Seein' niggas comin' for me
Through my diamonds, when they glistenin'
Now pay attention: bless me please, Father, I'm a ghost
In these killing fields, hail Mary, catch me if I go", we heard Jayden and Nathan say. Emily went to the room and I went to where they were. They're playing the game. I turned the music off while they were singing along making them look my way. "Pops why you do that?", Nathan asked.

"Right, that's my song.", Jayden said.

"It's too late for yall to be playin' music this loud."

"Its only like 9.", Nathan said

"Its about to be 11. 9 too late too. Jayden its way past yo' bed time, you need to go to sleep."

"It ain't no school tomorrow dad."

"But you got practice tommorw morning Jayden."

"Dang I forgot.", he said standing up. He left the room.

"Don't you got practice too?"

"At 12:30."

"You need to be in your room by 11:30 Nathan."

"Okay.". I left and went to check on the kids then I went to our room. I heard the shower turn on.

"Terrence.", Emily called.

"Yeah?"

"Come get in with me.". I smiled and went in there. I got in and of course she was on some straight up freaky shit and I mean freaky.

...

I woke up to use the bathroom and I think Olivia was on me. Yeah, I could tell by her hair. How do she keep getting out of her bed? I moved her and went to the bathroom. When I came out she was sitting up sucking her thumb and looking at me. I turned the light off and got back in bed. She got back on me and we fell asleep.