Chapter 4

I'm gonna call Nathan Jr. Junior from now on.

Emily

"This color is cute.", I said picking out nail polish. I'm about to get my nails and toes done with Amiah. Kiarre and Jasmine were busy so it's just us.

"That is cute.", Amiah said. "Let's take a picture for Snapchat.". We took a picture then started getting our nails done. We talked about her and her man problems. I swear they are more complicated than me and Terrence were. We're not complicated now, thank God.

Terrence

I woke up to Olivia laying on top of me. How did she get out of her bed? I hope she didn't get into nothing. I looked and she was just laying there. She looked at me and smiled. She got up and started jumping on the bed. I got up and stretched. "Come on.", I said reaching for her. She started running around the bed laughing. It's a big bed. I huffed. When she got close I grabbed her. "Got cha.". She kept laughing. I put her down and fixed the bed. When I was done she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the game room. She grabbed a controller and gave it to me then got one for herself. "You wanna play the game?". She shook her head. I turned the game on one player and played 2k.

"Twinkle, twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are.", Olivia sung.

"Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle, twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are.", I sang.

"Yayy.", she said capping her hands. I clapped my hands too.

"Yayy.", I said. She turned the game off and I smacked my lips. "Really nigga?".

"Really nigga?". I started laughing.

"That's a nono word baby, okay?"

"Okay.". She ran out the room.

"Olivia?", I called standing up. I heard her laugh. I didn't see her. "Olivia?". I started looking around but I couldn't find her. She's so small she could be anywhere. I went down to the door. "Bye Olivia!". I opened and closed the door.

"Daddy!", Olivia yelled. She came downstairs and ran to me. I picked her up and she wrapped her arms around my neck tight. I rubbed her back.

"I wouldn't leave you baby girl.", I said walking to the stairs. Once I made it to the stairs the door opened. It's Emily and her friend Amiah with bags. I put Olivia down and grabbed the bags from Emily. "Hey baby.", I said before kissing her.

"Hey babe."

"Hey Terrence.", Amiah said smiling at me and twisting her hair. What the fuck? Emily was too busy on her phone to pay attention.

"What up.", I said before going upstairs. Once I put the bags down Nathan walked in with more bags, a lot of bags. They had bags inside of bags. Damn what she do, but the whole stores?

"Hey pops.", Nathan said.

"Hey, where's Junior?"

"With Afia.". I shook my head.  I went back downstairs to see if her friend left. I hope she did. Damn she still here.

"Alright I'll see you later.", Emily said. Thank God.

"Alright, text me. Bye Terrence.". I acted like I didn't hear her.

"Terrence.", Emily said.

"Huh?"

"She said 'bye'."

"My bad, bye."

"It's okay.", she said before leaving.

"Thank God.", I said lowly.