Chapter 53: Conflict

Hi guys, found some time to write again! :) Some things are finally starting to get figured out, as some people finally crack. I hope you'll all like it.
I hope you all enjoyed the race yesterday as well, although it being an absolute snoozefest, at least Seb got second! Can't wait for the next race, flying to Barcelona for it :D

Keira was still recovering from the podium celebrations and she couldn't get the image of Seb on the top step of the podium out of her head. She was beaming and felt like dancing through the paddock as the adrenaline of the race clearly hadn't worn off yet.

'Another perfect result for you again, is there no way you can get Kimi into Webber's seat?' a smiling Minttu pulled Keira into a hug.

'I wish I could, I think Seb would like that,' Keira answered as she let go of Minttu. She was sure Seb would like that as she had heard enough stories from Seb about working together with Mark. From the outside everybody seemed to like Mark and believed him when he portrayed Seb as the problem, but inside the team Mark could also be a handful. Kimi on the other hand didn't play mind games, he was just here to race.

'Maybe one day, you'll never know how things pan out,' Minttu chuckled and she eyed Seb and Kimi who were standing a few meters from them, having a laugh about something.

'That's true, let's wait what life has in store for us,' Keira beamed. She was slapped on the back by many people walking by and a lot of happy cheers were exchanged between the members of the team.

Seb had won the race and so became the first driver of this season to win consecutive races and also took his second Grand Chelem of his career, something he was very smug about. The fact that Fernando had retired also played a part in that, as he had now closed the gap to only four points with still a lot of races to go. He seemed like a changed man when he had stepped out of the car and Suzuka being his favourite circuit made the win that much sweeter. The podium had been magical with the surprise appearance of Kobayashi to please the home crowd. The Japanese fans were such dedicated racing fans that it looked like he had just been elected president or something.

'I told you I was going to win,' a smiling Seb had just joined the group and a silent Kimi had followed him.

Keira raised her eyebrows and tried not to laugh at how silly he looked with that smug face. 'You do that every time, so sometimes you have to get it right,' she grinned as she tried to ignore how cute he looked while he was oozing with confidence and excitement. He was still in his race suit and the strong smell of champagne filled her nostrils, reminding her of last race when he had hugged her when he had returned to the garage after all his obligations.

'You must be fun at parties,' Seb gave Keira a little push and rolled his eyes when he saw that Minttu was also looking highly amused.

'I am, as you might know,' Keira answered dryly, but she felt her cheeks flush as she reminded how the last party had ended. Fuck. She tried not to show that she remembered that specific incident, but the way Seb was looking at her with one of the corners of his mouth quirked up and the littlest of shrugs made her look at her feet. He has a girlfriend, he's playing you, don't let him fool you again, she reminded herself.

'I do,' he said when a little silence had fallen and his eyes flickered darkly, showing a hint of the desire that had been visible that night.

Kimi didn't seem to notice what was going on and looked happily around him, but Minttu was looking at Seb with the greatest interest and then at Keira. She turned her head as to ask Keira what was going on, but it was clear that she didn't want to say anything in front of Seb.

'You both are at least more fun than this one is,' Minttu tugged on Kimi's arm and he lifted his sunglasses to look at them, but seemed totally unbothered by that statement.