Chapter 33: Race

They were sitting in the Red Bull garage and were waiting for the race to start. Seb had just came by looking completely in the zone and they all had wished him luck. That's all what they had seen of Seb since their last conversation and although he had been smiling, it was clear that he still hadn't forgotten what had happened the day before.

'He isn't very happy with you,' Tom suggested and he took of the Red Bull headphones he had been wearing.

'It's my own fault,' Keira sighed and she also took of her headphones so that she could hear him better. They had been given them by the team and they could listen as to what was going on and it also protected them from the noise.

'I can't really say I agree with you, going out with Alonso is always a good thing,' Abby grinned while keeping her voice down. Other people in the garage wouldn't be too happy if they heard them discussing how much they liked him.

Keira felt her cheeks turning pink when she thought about last night. 'It was a good thing, that's not what I meant,' she said and she suddenly felt Fernando's touch again, making her shiver. She had been thinking about yesterday all this morning and she couldn't help but feel really cheerful.

'Alright, now tell us what happened last night. We don't buy your story of only talking,' Abby was studying Keira's face and a twinkle appeared in her eyes. 'Come on, enlighten us!'

Her face was now burning and she knew they would guess what had happened and that was not what she wanted at all. She was sure that when Abby knew what had happened, Seb would know as soon as she could tell him. Not wanting Seb to know made her keep this from her friends and it was hard to do that, because normally they shared anything about subjects like these. However she didn't want to upset Seb any further, because he was the only thing she had back home and she hated the distance between them. She had felt rather lost when she had looked at him and she had not seen his blue eyes sparkle, not seen that breathtaking smile of his and also not seen him mess up his hair once. That was her Seb and that Seb was perfect, she hated herself for making that Seb go away.

'He asked you out again, didn't he?' Tom wiggled his eyebrows and turned his chair so that he was able to face Keira.

'Yes,' she sighed because she was not able to deny that.

'Oh, what did you say?' Abby's eyes had lit up and she was leaning closer to Keira, so that she wouldn't miss what she was going to reply.

'That I would think about it,' Keira said while she pushed her hair behind her ear. She always did that when she was nervous because it gave her something to do.

'You're mad!' Abby gasped and she threw her hands in the air. 'Why didn't you say yes?' her eyes were wide and she clearly thought Keira had made a huge mistake.

'Is it because of Seb?' Tom said and he shot a knowing look at Keira, who made an effort to act like she hadn't noticed him.

'I don't want to upset anyone, Seb is my friend and he hates Fernando.'

'Or is it because you like Seb more than Fernando?' Abby chuckled and she knew that she was on to something when Keira turned bright red.

'No, I don't like Seb in that way, we're just friends,' Keira exclaimed and a few other guests were now staring at her because it had came out a bit louder than she had intended.

'Keep telling yourself that,' Tom grinned. 'Quite the flirt you are, you've got yourself two Formula 1 drivers. Not too shabby if you ask me.'

'Shut it,' Keira gave Tom a kick and her eyes shot fire. She quickly checked if anyone else had heard and pushed Abby who had almost collapsed in a fit of laughter.