*Chapter 1*

David's POV

It was early Monday morning when I was rudely awoken from my slumber by my phone playing my ringtone. I groaned and picked up my phone to see my mom calling me.

"Mom why are you calling me at six in the morning?" I murmured due to my lack of sleep.

"Oh that's right, I just forget that LA is two hours behind Chicago, well I just wanted to wish you luck on your first day of school!" I glanced at my phone to look at the date, 25th... Oh no, my first day was today!

"David.. you didn't forget did you?" My mum muttered sternly into the phone.

"Of course not mom, it's school. I love school" I over exaggerated my sarcasm to show her just how much I was dreading this first day.

"Very funny Mr Dobrik, but just try not to have a repeat of last time please?" I sighed heavily. I really had hoped she wouldn't bring that up.

"Of course mom, I have matured a lot, I promise" I reassured her but I could tell by her sigh through the other end of the phone that she didn't fully believe me.

"I better start getting ready mom, I wouldn't want to be late," Of course I didn't really mean this, I just wanted to get out of this conversation.

"Okay, okay I understand, and don't forget lunch!" My mum responded quickly.

"Bye mo-" I was cut off by my mom quickly speaking,

"And David..?" She hesitated, almost as if she was thinking hard about something.

"... try to make some friends" I sighed.

"Mom I'm okay" If only she could see my face she would know the truth.

"I love you" she hastily replied and I hung up unable to get the words out of my throat.

Slowly, my legs draped round the bed and I stood up. I stumbled over to the mirror in my bathroom.
Staring at my reflection, I let a tear fall out of my eye and roll slowly down my cheek until it finally finished its journey when it landed in the sink.

What I said earlier on the phone to my mom was a lie. A lie I thought I could hide, a lie that I let engulf me, a lie that held me together. But eventually lies break down and destroy you. See, I lied when I said I was okay. I lied to myself when I said I could handle this and the truth was... I was not okay.

Liza's POV

Hate is a strong word. However, in this context i think it would be fair to say that I hate school. Just think about it, every day we have to wake up and sit through the same boring nonsense all day, for two hundred and eighty days a year. Okay, so maybe I did google how many days were in a year to add emphasis to my point but this is besides the point. And it's not like I don't do well in school, I do great, but do I really want to listen to all this teenage drama and useless gossip for an entire year? No.

I touched up my make up adding the finishing touches just as I heard my dads voice.

"Liza come downstairs and have some breakfast before your first day" he shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"Coming dad! I'll only be a sec!" I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs.

"Alright so I made bacon and eggs with a side of toast for your first day, eat up!" My dad exclaimed.

As I was about to sit down a sudden memory flooded my brain.

"Look at her! I'm surprised she even could fit in that outfit!"

"Look how chubby she is"

"Why doesn't she wear any makeup? She looks like a boy"

"No wonder she has never had a boyfriend"

"She's trash"

"Worthless"

"Loser"

"You know what dad? I'm actually alright" I murmured, trying to hide the fact I was starving.

"Okay well I packed you lunch anyway" My dad replied, sensing something was wrong.

As all the thoughts from last year flooded my brain I realised that I had changed for them. They had changed me to be someone I hate. And that is when I realised the real reason I hate school.

David's POV

Nervously, I walked through my new school's gates. This school was a down-grade from my last school, everything was much smaller and messier but I liked it much better this way. Perhaps this wouldn't be so bad?

"Hey" I looked around to see an averagely sized dude with short brown hair talking in my direction.

"Uhh hi" I muttered back.

"So your the new kid huh?" He smirked and I gave him a nervous look.

"Just messing with you, I'm Alex by the way"

"David"

"Let's see what classes you got" Alex grabbed my schedule that I had received a few days ago in the mail and scanned it.

"Eh, we have most of the same classes"

"That's cool"

"Did you walk to school today?" Alex asked.

"Uhhh yeh, why?" I was a bit confused by his odd question.

"Just I never see anyone walk to school anymore, everyone gets a lift"

"I actually live alone"

"No way! That's epic" He exclaimed excitedly. I never understood what's so great about living alone, honestly it gets really boring sometimes.

"Yeh... it's great"

I heard the ringing of the school bell in my ear, telling me it was time to go to head to class. I wanted this school to be better. No not wanted, I needed this school to be better. I needed it...

****************

Thanks for reading my first chapter of my second book! I hope you enjoyed this because it's very different to my usual writing style but I wanted to have a book I was proud of so I decided to write better. Please tell me what you think so far in the comments and also because these chapters are quite long they take time to write so I will try and update every Wednesday and hopefully that works out. Thanks guys❤❤❤❤