'He's not wrong,' I agreed. 'But, you don't think that's the reason why, do you? It's because you're the Hood.'

'And you're a vigilante too, Aria,' Oliver pointed out.

'You want me to watch over them?' I questioned him in surprise, putting two and two together. 'I'm not as good as you, or as fast as you!'

'That's not true,' Oliver shook his head. 'You've been a vigilante longer than I have, and you're good at watching over the city. A child of this city needs you today, Aria, and so does Laurel. So does Tommy.'

I could see the slight conflict in his eyes, as if he was thinking about mine and Tommy's past together.

'I didn't let you help me out yesterday, at Laurel's apartment, and the hitman got away,' Oliver carried on. 'I should've gotten someone else to look after the club and taken you with me, but I was worried that you were not ready after your problem with Vertigo. I was wrong; I should've let you help me.'

'Well, I'm going to make sure that this hitman doesn't try to harm Tommy, or Laurel, or Taylor again,' I reassured him sincerely. 'What are you doing that means you're not free, anyway?'

'Taking down Deadshot,' Oliver stated. 'It's the meet-up with A.R.G.U.S. tonight, remember?'

'Well, good luck with that,' I smiled, squeezing Oliver's hand. 'I'm sure you'll take him down. Diggle is lucky to have you as a friend.'

'And, so are Deadshot's future targets,' Oliver smirked quick-witted. 'Just, Aria, be careful tonight. Whoever Rasmus hired, he's good, and he's relentless. He won't hesitate in killing anyone who gets in his way, and that includes you.'

'I'm getting nervous,' I grinned sarcastically. 'But you better be careful too, Ollie. Deadshot may not be as relentless as Rasmus, but he never misses his target.'

'Then it's a good job I rarely miss either.'

Oh, how I had fallen for him. I just hoped this relationship wouldn't turn out like my last one.

---

'This is Mr Robbins,' Diggle told Laurel, Tommy and Taylor as they walked through the door of the house, a tall man wearing a sleek suit nodding his head to greet them. 'Where you go, he goes. You'll be very well protected, Miss Lance.'

'Thank you,' Laurel nodded slightly, appreciating Diggle's vote of confidence in her new bodyguard.

'I hand selected these men myself,' Diggle claimed proudly. 'The house and the grounds are completely secure.'

'Please make yourself at home,' Moira stepped out from behind me, making her way towards the newcomers and bending down to the boy. 'You must be Taylor. How about I show you where I hide the good cookies?'

Taylor responded well to Moira and followed her out of the lobby, leaving us adults to discuss the more serious matters. Diggle glanced at Oliver and I, the both of us having been onlookers of the proceedings, trying to give us some sort of sign but without success, and so Diggle resorted to being much more obvious.

'Mr Queen, whenever you're ready, I can take you to your next appointment, sir,' Diggle announced, Oliver sending him a puzzled look. 'The Lawton meeting.'

'Yes, I... Just need to swing by the club and pick up my good suit,' Oliver said after he realised what Diggle was talking about; it was A.R.G.U.S.'s fake meeting with Deadshot, of course. 'So, I'll meet you there.'