22 - The Part Where Everything Is So Fine And Not So Fine

Start from the beginning

"Yes."

"Why am I not surprised?"

"Because I'm Thirlwall. Jade Thirlwall."

Perrie laughed and shook her head at Jade's half corny and half hilarious joke that somehow made her feel at ease and let her body relax for awhile. It's actually been awhile since they'd had a genuinely casual and random conversation like this.

The walk towards Jade's apparently favorite restaurant felt like years. Although Jade was trying her best to make a conversation hang in-between the both of them, it seems like Perrie was being too consumed by her thoughts that sometimes Jade thinks Perrie was deliberately ignoring her. But Perrie wasn't really ignoring her, she indeed listened to Jade for a few minutes at first but then went back to her own world but that doesn't mean that she wasn't acknowledging Jade's presence on their way. As far as she's concerned, it seems like Jade's presence made her even more anxious and apprehensive despite all the times they'd been hanging out alone together.

"Perrie, the waitress is asking you what your order is," Jade cuts Perrie's thoughts, and Perrie finally darted a quick look at her then at the waitress as she smiles.

"I think I'd like..." Perrie scans the menu, looking at anything that catches her eyes first and looked back at the waitress as she jabbed her finger on a picture. "I'd take this one, please."

The waitress smirked at the blonde and nodded as she turns around but not before she sends a sneaky little wink at the girl. Though Perrie was too busy looking at Jade for her to notice the waitress, Jade just saw everything and she was honestly starting to dislike the waitress. Perrie on the other hand seemed to notice Jade muttering some inaudible words under her breath and could feel the thick tension in-between the both of them but not knowing the reason why.

"Everything alright, Jade?" Perrie asks the girl in front of her, whose face seemed to redden a little bit.

Jade didn't answer the blonde, she just looked at Perrie for a split second before she quickly looked away, but it wasn't fast enough for Perrie to notice the glare in Jade's eyes. Perrie would actually want to think that the flame in Jade's eyes represent Jade's jealousy but decided against it because it sounded too haughty of her. Jade could have flames in her eyes that could represent any mood she's currently having, whether it's jealousy-related or not. And so Perrie forcefully burned her thoughts into ash and pulled herself back in the current situation.

Perrie cleared her throat and leaned back, her hands still clasped together on the table.

"So..." she started, smiling once she was sure that she got all Jade's attention. "Jade, we need to talk about what happened yesterday, when you were drunk."

Jade darted her eyes at the blonde, holding horror within their gazes because she does not know what Perrie is going to say to her. Hell does she even know what she even said to Perrie yesterday. All she knows is that she doesn't want Perrie to think differently of her. And so without even thinking straight, Jade impulsively leaned closer to Perrie on the table, taking the blonde in surprise.

"Wait!" Jade cuts her off, holding up her hand dismissively in front of Perrie as she looks at her in horror.

Perrie raised her eyebrows expectantly and nodded.

"What's wrong?"

Jade slowly drew her hand back and heaved a sigh.

"Listen, Perrie," Jade started, closing her eyes for a few seconds before looking at the blonde anxiously. "Whatever I said yesterday or whatever I did... they were all because of my drunkenness, okay? I don't want anything to change between us because I'm perfectly fine right where I am... here with you."

Perrie remained staring at her. And Jade couldn't tell if the blonde is lying or something because Perrie's facial expression seems to be unreadable.

"Oh... really?"

Jade vigorously nodded.

"Yes. I was really drunk and all and... yeah. Whatever I said, don't believe them please. I don't want anything between us to change."

Perrie looked at her with her mouth in a straight line. A forced tight-lipped smile had crossed Perrie's feautures while a wider smile had spread across Jade's. Well, there goes the words that she loathed the most. But there's no way in hell she'll show it to the girl whom she's in love with.

Perrie clapped her hands twice.

"Yay!"

"Yay?"

"Yes! Yay!"

Jade raised an eyebrow and looked at the blonde weirdly.

"Uhm, okay?"

"Yes! That is okay!"

"Oh, alright then," Jade nodded. "I'm glad that everything's fine between us now."

Perrie smiled widely and clapped again as she nods.

"Yes, Jade. Everything is so fine."

Perrie frowned inwardly because to her, everything is so not fine.