22 - The Part Where Everything Is So Fine And Not So Fine

Zacznij od początku

The car ride going to school consists of Jade contemplating of the number of things that she should do today. But primarily, she just needs to talk to Perrie and apologize for everything that she did or said yesterday. And just the thought of that just triggered a wave of apprehension splashing through her body. And she crossed her arms over her chest as the anxiety starts to overwhelm her once she sees the school gates' image going bigger as the vehicle goes nearer to it.

~•~•~

Even until now, Perrie is completely addled about everything that happened yesterday, particularly about Jade's confession. She doesn't know if she was even genuine but Jade just sounded like she was telling the truth and Perrie was easily convinced. Perrie shook that thought off, and until Jade tells her the truth, she won't be making any speculations right now.

"... and that's how I got grounded," Jesy laughs, clapping her hands as she tries to stop.

Perrie quickly shook her head and darted an amused look at the brunette and giggled along with her, at the same time feeling like a jerk for not even listening attentively to her because she sure as hell does not even know why her own best friend is being hysteric right now. Jesy's words were basically entering Perrie's ear and out the other. But it seems like Jesy isn't aware of it and laughed even more at her own joke.

It was not long until the pair had to seperate due to the opposite direction of their assigned lockers and Perrie was now on her way for hers.

On her way there, Perrie thought that Jade wouldn't show up again like before, that Jade would make up any 'valid' excuses she could make up with and convince Perrie with them, but boy was she wrong when she saw Jade leaning against her locker, beautiful as ever. Perrie blinked a few times, anything to make this hallucination go away but it seems like Jade was in fact here and not some ghost that haunts Perrie's whole being.

"Jade? What are you doing here?" Perrie asks once she knows that her distance was already near for Jade to hear her.

Jade snapped her head at Perrie and a smile had crept its way up onto her face as she raised her hand and waved at the blonde. Perrie felt a little bit awkward as she walks towards her, tightening her grip on her books against her chest protectively, knowing that Jade is probably staring at her amusedly and she was just looking down at the floor probably panicking and praying.

"Morning, Edwards. Did you miss me?" Jade teases, wiggling her eyebrows as she stood straight and stepped back, giving the blonde some space for her locker.

Perrie smiled back at her, sounding excited though she was inwardly anxious as she opens the locker.

"Morning, Jade. And no, I didn't miss you," she replies, glancing at the girl beside her in her peripheral vision before nervously looking back as she places her books inside it before turning to face Jade, whose pout was adorably noticeable.

"I'm hurt."

"It's okay, Jade. Don't cry," Perrie teases as she pats Jade's shoulder and brushed past her.

"Have you eaten breakfast yet?" Jade asks as she falls into step beside the blonde. "Because I know a place that sells pancakes and I'm pretty sure you'll love it."

"Why pancakes? What if I want bacon?"

"There are waffles that have bacon inside, y'know," Jade says.

"What if I only want bacon and not bacon that is stuffed in a waffle?"

"They also sell bacons."

"Do you have like a crazy obsession with pancakes that you literally have to convince me to eat wherever the place is that sells pancakes?"

Jade nodded.