Chapter Ten: Heat

Start from the beginning

Knowing I won't have any luck, I flop down onto the floor by the window and wait for Aaron to come back.

I contemplated taking a shower but when I tried to get up, my arms and legs just shook, leaving me stuck on the floor.

Out of everything I had learned, we had never learned about the aftermath of heat. All we had learned was it would happen every full moon until the process was completed, getting worse and worse each month.

Thinking about it, I groaned. If what I read was true, I would have no problem with letting Aaron mark me the next time we saw each other. There was no way I would go through what I just did again.

Eventually, I felt my eyelids growing heavy as I sat there waiting for Aaron. Giving in, I shut my eyes and welcome the dark.

-

    When I woke up, I realized I was no longer in the bathroom, but back in Aaron's bed. Looking around, I see him pacing by the window.

"Hey." I try to say but it comes out hoarse and rough.

Instantly, his head snaps towards me, and a smile reaches lips but never his eyes which are a burning blue color.

"Are you okay?" He asks me as he stays by the window, not coming close.

I nod my head, feeling dull ache all over my body. "As fine as I can be. Are you?"

The smile is gone from his face and a different expression is there. "It's only going to get worse. I could barely contain myself last night, Alec had to help me. Rayna, if we wait another month I don't know what me or my wolf will do. I know I promised I'd take it slow and everything but how slow? What's going to happen when the next full moon comes around? You're going to be in way worse condition than you are now."

Sliding the blanket off of my body and getting out of bed, I feebly try to stand but don't have much luck. Before I can fall, Aaron is holding me up.

"You should stay in bed." Aaron started.

"I'm fine." I tell him as I try to find my balance. My whole body continued to ache and feel weak. He was right, if we didn't mark each other before the next full moon who knows what would happen.

"I'm serious, when I found you in the bathroom I thought if I were to touch you, you would just break. You need to sleep."

Running a hand through my hair, I cringe at the grease in it. "No, what I need is a shower."

"Rayna..." Aaron looked at me, worried for my well being.

"We can talk about all of this when I'm out okay?"

He doesn't say anything, just nods his head. Something happened last night that's changed how he is with me and this mate thing, and I really don't want to know what.

Walking into the bathroom and shutting the door behind me. I close my eyes and think about everything for a moment before making my way over to shower.

I stayed under the freezing cold water for maybe a half an hour, hoping it would wash away the fatigue that I had. Unfortunately I had no luck.

Turning the water off I step out of the shower to see clothes laying on the counter with a note.

Went to take care of pack business. You don't need to come out today, please rest. I'll figure something to tell everyone about your absence.
~Aaron

Setting the note aside, I see he has picked out gray sweatpants and a looked shirt for me. Grateful, I slip it on before throwing my wet hair up into a messy bun.

Once put together, I look at myself in the mirror again. I looked better than I did did earlier, but I was still a wreck no doubt.

My dull and lifeless looking eyes had dark bags underneath them, showing I hadn't slept and my lips held almost no color to them.

Turning away, I make my way out of the bedroom and back into Aaron's bed. He was right, I needed sleep.

Getting comfortable I lay there with my eyes shut trying to fall asleep, but have no luck, a thought I have pushed away has resurfaced. Opening my eyes and looking at his ceiling, I think.

I played with the thought in my head for what seemed like hours, trying to decide if I was sure with my decision.

I would let Aaron mark me tonight.

Word Count: 1464
---------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
I feel horrible at how short this chapter is. I started it awhile ago and got so far in it then just hit a wall. Work and school has been a lot and soon I'm started Drivers Training so my schedule will be super busy. Sorry for the long wait and extremely short chapter.

On another note... I cant believe this book hit #374 in werewolf, how is this possible? I never even thought this book would receive 200 reads, let alone the almost 20000 it has! Thank you so much to everyone who has continued to read and vote, I promise the next chapter will be MUCH better than this one.
-Mae