Chapter Eight: Taking it Slow

C H A P T E R  E I G H T:
T A K I N G  I T  S L O W

My wolf was howling with joy as Aaron kissed me. I on the other hand, did not know how to react.

I had never been in a relationship let alone slept around with any man before, it was safe to say this was my first kiss.

Sparks continued to find their way on my skin making feel something else as he kissed me and I stayed unmoving, this must have looked awkward as hell to anyone who was looking over.

He pulled away and looked at me. "Was I your first kiss."

"What? No, of course not." I let out a nervous laugh and felt heat finding its way to my cheeks as I looked down at my feet. Aaron made me feel a way I hadn't felt in a long time, vulnerable. I didn't know if I liked it or not yet.

He gently lifted my chin up so I was looking at him. "You shouldn't be embarrassed." He started, his eyes only holding kindness. "You were mine too."

I raised my eyebrows in disbelief. He was the King of all werewolves. Obviously he traveled everywhere to discuss matters with other Alphas. He would've had to meet other woman who would be swooning over him and trying to get in his pants.

"You seem to not believe me."

"It's because I don't. How have you not hooked up with other woman? Don't they throw themselves at you?"

A small smile was on his face. "Well of course they do, but not because they like me, they want my wealth, my power. They want the rank it would give them. Besides, why would I sleep with them when I knew you were out there somewhere. You're the only woman I would ever want."

The way he talked about me made me feel guilty for never wanting a mate and despising the idea of one.

"I know you don't like the idea of mates, or anything like that. That's okay, I understand. But I want to be with you, I need to."

I stayed silent, his blue eyes burning holes into me.

"I'm willing to take it slow if you're willing to try."

I had kept myself closed off for years, not letting anyone get close to me. But here Aaron was, my mate and he was willing to take it slow for me. Maybe it was time to end that, to give someone a chance.

"Okay."

His eyes lit up and a larger smile was now on his face. "Tomorrow night then, you and me are going on a date."

"But there's training tomorrow."

He shrugged. "A day without us here isn't going to be an issue.

I sighed and shifted on my feet. Micheal was here, along with Elliot. Surely everyone would be fine by themselves. "Okay."

"Great. I'll see you around then, I have to go talk to Elliot about something dealing with the boy, you can come if you want?"

My thoughts went back to what Tori had said about the hybrids attacking. Suddenly, something clicked.

"Aaron, what if he's one of the people that was taken?"