Chapter 1: Starting New

A girl with long brown hair and a red flannel with combat boots walked up to her new school; high school. More specially, Maltmore High School. She let out an exaggerated sigh, worry and anxiety overcoming all other senses. 'Oh god.. I might as well pass the fuck out,' the girl thought to herself, slouching her back a bit.

She groaned quietly and made her way into the school's hallway. As she looked around, she saw black and red lockers and the basic white walls all schools usually have. There were students in little groups huddled in front of lockers a few feet away from each other. She looked around at them and tried to discover what classic high school stereotype some of them were. She saw the classic punks, jocks, preps, nerds, geeks, and goths.

The flannel-wearing teen raised an eyebrow at the movie-like scene taking place in front of her. 'Really? Is this a damn movie or something? Damn,' She huffed, shaking her head. She started walking through the increasing crowd with her head held down, trying not to make eye contact with anyone.

She knew people at the school. Of course she did, she went to the same elementary school with some of these kids, but she didn't talk to many of them. She just knew them and they just knew her, that was all. Nothing special.

However, she did have friends. In fact, she was in a few small groups of friends, but she had only one main group of friends. The outcasts. Just like her, they liked just about everything that would be considered 'stupid' or 'nerdy'. In all honesty, this did affect her the first few years they had called her out on it and bullied her about it. After all that happened, she continued to enjoy her shows, but kept it secret from anyone else in fear of being bullied for it again.

The girl let out a sigh as she shook her head slightly, pushing the memories of before away. As she walked into the cafeteria, she heard her name being called and rapid footsteps coming in her direction. She turned and looked at the voice's owner, a small smile lacing her lips when she saw her best friend.

A boy with blonde hair with a black and red streek through it and a long-sleeved, gray and navy blue California shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows quickly made his way towards her and pulled into her a tight bear hug. "Alex! Man I missed ya! How ya been? Good? I hope so!" The boy said with a cheerful and loud tone, a bright grin adorning his features.

The brunette, Alex, let out a laugh and nodded, happily returning the hug. "Dude, James, I'm fine! I'm cool, put me down you damn goof!" She managed to say between small giggles. The blonde boy, James, did as she asked and put her down carefully. He saluted her with a serious face saying a quick

"yes ma'am" before almost immediately letting out another laugh. Alex rolled her eyes and playfully hit his shoulder. "Besides, we saw each other yesterday! I was alive." She said with a laugh.

James just put a small pout on his face at her words. "Yeah? Well I have the right to worry 'bout ya, Al. Ya can be so mean sometimes, swear.." He muttered, crossing his arms and looking away. "Ya jerk.." He said, loud enough for Alex to hear.

The brunette leaned in close. "Bitch," She said simply with a smile. She always loved making that reference. After all, it was one of her favorite shows and she was also self-claimed 'Fandom Trash' as she proudly stated almost everyday.