My mate, Elenor

Dylan's POV

            Why is she always hanging around that guy? I thought to myself the next morning. Some guy had just walked up to my mate and kissed her cheek. I should be the one doing that! The only one! My wolf wanted me to go over there and pull him away from her, but I couldn’t.

            They walked a bit farther down the hall, my mate talking to him the whole way and they stopped at his locker. That’s when she turned around and looked right at me. It only lasted a second and then she turned back to him.  I turned around and, barely, suppressed my urge to punch the wall. I walked down the hallway and around a few corners before coming to John’s locker.

            John is my Beta… or well, he will be when my dad steps down and gives me the Alpha title. John’s my best friend and he’s a pretty good fighter, so having him as my second in command is quite nice.

            At the moment, his locker is surrounded by a small handful of girls, all wearing too much makeup. One of them hit his arm playfully, trying to be cute.

            I can’t believe guys fall for that stuff… I mean I did sometimes, but honestly. It’s not attractive. Neither are those tight tops. I mean sure, if you’re going for the porn star look, okay. But the only kind of guy you’ll actually get with tight clothes that push your boobs up and out are the desperate guys who don’t know how to treat a girl. I like those tops that are loose and flowy… They keep you guessing as to what’s hiding under there… My mate wears shirts like that sometimes… I’d like to see what’s hiding…

            “Dylan! Man, what’s up?”

            “What?” I looked down at John.

            He laughed. “You just completely spaced out. What’s up, man?”

            “Oh, I just wanted to tell you that I won’t be at practice after school today, so you’re in charge.”

            “Okay!” John looked excited. “Is it ‘whole pack’ practice or just the fighters?”

            “Whole pack. But afterwards, even if I’m still not back, could you keep the fighters and work with them for at least an additional half hour?”

            “Sure boss, no problem.”

            “Stop calling me boss.” I said.

            He grinned. “So why are you missing practice?”

            I scratched my neck. “I have some things to take care of.”

            “Like what?”

            I shrugged. “Things. I’ll see you at the pack house later.” I said before going to first period.

            My day went by pretty fast. I was day dreaming about my beautiful mate every hour and before I knew it, it was 6th hour,  I had physics.

            Less than ten minutes into class I started day dreaming again. Our teacher was talking about some project for the next week where we were going to go to the gym and watch the rope climbers to write down momentum and stuff… I don’t really know. I do know that my mate would look good climbing a rope, especially if I was right under her… She could be so sexy… My mate… ahhh… I wish I could hold her in my arms, kiss her and keep her close… I wish—

            “Mr. Wolfe?” My teacher’s voice broke me out of my day-dream.

            “What?”

            “Since you’re not paying attention anyways, would you care to run this down to the gym teacher to inform him of the times we will be interrupting his class?” She held up a slip of paper.

            “Uh, sure.” I stood up and took it from her before leaving to go to the gym. So not paying attention in her class means getting to skip out on more of it… alright, cool.

            I walked into the gym to give the note to the teacher and paused. I looked up and saw her hanging there, at the very top of the rope, staring right back at me. And then she fell.

            Without even thinking, I was instantly there to catch her. I felt the sparks shoot up my arms and smiled before turning to her. “Are you okay?” She nodded. “Do you want to go to the nurse?”

            “I’m fine.” She said.

            “We need to talk.”

            She shook her head and  jumped out of my arms. “I still have another hour.”

            What? Oh yeah! I told her I’d give her 24 hours to keep her wall up… “Come on, I’ll tell your teacher you wont be there.”

            “No, I have another hour.”

            My mate was stubborn. I briefly wondered if that would be a good or bad thing in the future…

            I was about to beg when she stopped me. “Dylan,” She looked right into my eyes and asked, “Do you even know my name?”

            Guilt washed through me. No, I don’t. I’m a horrible mate.

            A girl with long black hair came running over. “Oh my gosh. Elenor!! Are you okay!?”

            I looked back at my mate and answered her question with a (cocky) grin. “Elenor.”

            “I still have an hour, until then, this talk is over.” She ran into the locker room.

            I growled slightly. One hour Dylan, one hour.

            “Hi, I’m Alicia.” The girl with the black hair said. “Thanks for catching El, she does not deal with pain well.”

            I nodded to her.

            “I like your hair.” She told me.

            “What?” I looked at her.

            “Your hair.” She was looking at the top of my head. “You must use conditioner.”

            I gave her a look. Is she serious?

            “What?” She said defensively. “It’s a compliment, take it or leave it.” And then she turned around, her pony tail swishing side to side, and followed my mate into the locker room.

            I numbly went to the gym teacher and handed him the note before leaving the gymnasium. I went back to 6th hour and before I could sit down, the bell rang. I grabbed my books and threw them in my locker before skipping 7th hour, it’s only study hall anyways. Instead, I went to the woods to think.

          My beautiful mate, Elenor.