CHAPTER TEN: THE INTERVIEW P2

CHAPTER TEN: THE INTERVIEW: The Actual Interview.

Naturally as soon as the doors to the private elevator opened, Alexandra's other heel snapped and she went sprawling hands first onto the plush shaggy carpet of Sebastian's impressive corporate offices.

His first instinct was to rush and offer her aid, but during his night of no sleep (nevertheless he looked fresh and immaculate, without the barest hint of shadow under his eyes) Sebastian had resolved to do what every other romantic hero of literature did (YES, THIS IS LITERATURE! FUCK YOU WITH YOUR EYE ROLLING!! AND YES, I J.M. GREENFIELD AM COMPARING MY ROMANTIC LEAD TO THE LIKES OF MR DARCY, ROMEO, MR ROCHESTER, CYRANO DE BERGERAC AND INDEED DONALD DUCK IN HIS QUEST TO WIN DAISY'S HEART BY TOTALLY IGNORING HER!!) - that was to act cold, aloof and uncaring.

However etiquette required that he be at least slightly gentlemanly while not compromising his intention. Therefore Sebastian stepped forward a few steps and spoke. 'Miss Katsoff, are you quite alright?'

Editor's Comment - Good line. I liked how he said 'quite alright' instead of just 'alright?' Very British and sexy Brit business guys in suits sells over here, like ya wouldn't fuckin believe! Gets the soccer moms going so good job reminding em at every opportunity - the more our readers 18-80 jill off to the thought of a guy like Sebastian, the more moolah Bandwagon ... and you, make.

Alex, quite naturally blushed prettily. 

So prettily in fact that Sebastian, despite his resolve to be cold, cool and aloof, found himself offering the young girl his hand. It felt soft and silky in his perfectly manicured hand. Her skin was white like cream, against the tanned perfection of his larger, more masculine hand. 

My God! thought Sebastian, exhaling involuntarily. She smells like peaches and cream and her hair is like ... apples and strawberry.

Alex allowed herself to be pulled up by his strong brown hand - she thought she caught a gust of manly but exotic, expensive aftershave - he smelled like rum and wood smoked oak and a hint of lemon mixed with hickory and all the best scents of her childhood - much like her favourite uncle used to in fact, before he had been blown to smithereens aboard the boat, all those years ago.

Then her natural shyness took over and she blushed prettily, going even redder and seeing that Sebastian was looking at her in a stern and cooly unimpressed way, she realised he disapproved of her and thought she was a clutz ... he was probably comparing her to his cooly impressive and impassive and efficient and well turned out, perfect PA's and receptionists, like the haughty blonde. Alex blushed prettily as she remained under his gaze.

Coughing she pulled out her notebook from her cardigan inside pocket - it was damp - and took the seat he indicated. Best to get straight to business.

Sebastian, seeing she was about to start the interview, went to stand behind his desk. He turned to face her ... trying to maintain his aloofness, but ... that face, that hair ... younger and purer and not so fiery red (the hair, not the face, though as Alex was still blushing prettily, her face was still somewhat red). It was like looking back in time but at a slightly different person that wasn't exactly the same as the one he was comparing to the one he had on his mind.

Her eyes were blue though and they held no trace of cruelty and/or guile. Not like those other eyes ... the green ones. Not like her eyes!

Why did this girl enthrall him so!!?? Apart from her startling but not exact resemblance to ... her of course!

Alex shifted in her seat, prompting Sebastian to inquire. 'Are you quite comfortable Miss Katsoff?'

Editor's Comment - Liking the way he said 'quite comfortable?' instead of 'comfortable?' Reminds our readers that he's a sexy Brit and ... fuck! I already said that, didn't I? Carry on.