A NOVEL BY JM GREENFIELD

A Novel by J.M Greenfield.

Introduction - When I was first approached by Bandwagon Publishing to adapt my highly popular fanfic - Star Trek: Going Where no Man has gone before, Sparkly Vampire Teens in Lust and Doctor Who: Erotic Adventures aboard the Tardis, which had garnered so much attention when I first published them on Fanwanktales.com, I was excited and also full of trepidation.

Could I bring my vision to a mainstream reality and what about copyright issues I asked my new agent Max DeLucre?

The short answer 'Yeah kid, you fuckin can and here's why.'

He then wrote a cheque with more zeros than I'd ever seen. Well that's not actually true - I did Math at school and that tended to have figures with lots of zeros, but money wise, it was a lot.

I agreed to do what Bandwagon wanted me to do but I insisted on keeping my artistic integrity and not selling out ... too much. Obviously I couldn't continue to write about the BDSM dynamics of Spock and Uhura aboard the Enterprise and even the suggestion of changing the names to Master Spackler and Slave Oowhora was deemed too risky.

So to keep the essence of my characters and remain true to my creative vision while avoiding the potential litigation that I had discussed with Bandwagon's top lawyer Sal Yaout, I had to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

'Fuck the sci-fi geeks,' was Max's first instruction. 'The punters want to see tits and arse ... preferably spanked arse but they want the dirty sex to be real and dirty and sexy but also with a slightly unreal and fantasy element that they can relate to, is what my wife says,' he said.

I was inspired. Lets keep it real, stay close to the essence of my characters but with a bit of unreal fantasy. I resolved to use my own actual set of experiences; I am a writer so ... what if ... just imagine ... instead of a Starfleet officer from Vulcan or a Timelord that loved to be spanked by a vampire dominatrix, my main character was a writer, like me but a sort of combination of the two!!

So he's this cold aloof, emotionally unavailable peddler of prose who occasionally likes to be spanked, but by a Goth Dominatrix with a vampire fetish so she dressed up like a vampire but wasn't actually a vampire! Or better yet, this was his perfect obsession and it had happened in the past and this was why he was like he was!!! The ideas were coming thick and fast. My writer character had only ever submitted to one Goth girl vampire dominatrix but something had happened ... he had his heart broken and now he was forever searching for her submissive opposite so he could reverse the tables!!!

Or something. It was just my first idea but Bandwagon loved it and encouraged my wildly fertile imagination to expand on the concept. The aloof writer I envisaged with dark hair and arching eyebrows but he was in no way an aloof pointed ears alien except he was aloof but he wore a tweed jacket and had a bowtie because that's the look I preferred and besides they hadn't cast Peter Capaldi when I was writing Erotic Adventures aboard the Tardis! Not floppy hair though - more like Tennant's do!

I needed a name. Something both aristocratic, stern and sexy ... Sebastian? Christian? Montgomery? Neville? Marmaduke? My first instincts were good. Sebastian. Sebastian ... a colour, that's sort of stern and mysterious. White? No, made me think of Breaking Bad and my own Fanwanktales.com story Breaking Back with Walther Whyte about a stern gay Master from Munich (as portrayed in a photoshop mock-up by my good, bald friend David Franklin) who dominated a feeble minded young submissive called Jackie Pinkerton.

Sebastian Grey? Sebastian Burgundy? Sebastian Brown? Black!!! Sebastian Black!!

I gulped down another tepid cup of coffee as I hunched over my work desk (desk for work. I make the distinction because I have a desk for reading and one I keep plants on) and looked at the clock. It was 4.02am but I needed to stay awake because I was creatively on fire.

Sebastian Black is 33 years old, a bit of a loner - he doesn't suffer fools lightly and he is quite successful and an artist with prose. He writes about kink with a fairy tale twist - his latest novel is entitled Kinkarella and the Prince and it's basically the tale of a poor but beautiful young girl who gets a chance to go the Royal ball and because she loses her shoe and the Prince has a foot fetish she ends up entrancing him and they begin a loving Sado Masochistic relationship with a Dom/sub dynamic but there's a twist because Kinkarella occasionally likes to switch and cane the Prince's arse while wearing black make up and sharply pointed teeth. The Prince accepts this but his own obsessive love for Kinkarella grows to the point where he enjoys inflicting consensual loving pain on her as they play down in his literal dungeon and when they switch roles, a sinister but sexy one upmanship begins until each tries to outdo the other and their friends like Count Von Bootboy (visually represented by my good friend David Franklin wearing a monocle) fear that although they love each other, one day they'll go too far in the throes of passion and one of them will die!

He also wrote gay sword and sorcery fantasy - a series called Lords of the Rings.

Sebastian I then decided was a bit bisexual but mostly he liked mastering women. He has an arrangement with his maid Esme where they do a scene together every Wednesday late night and he pays her £1000 but its not prostitution as the money is a symbolic gift and also encompasses her cleaning.

Max loved it but said to make it $1000 dollars and change the setting from Guildford to an Upper East Side Manhattan apartment. Sebastian can still be British as per my original intent because American soccer moms love a handsome well spoken Brit but the setting had to be American to play to that market segment and maximise our returns as well as set up optimum conditions for pitching the movie version down the line.

Anyway, now we had our main character but what is his motivation?

Finding the submissive that reminded him in every way of Goddess Sylvania but its not a conscious thing or that would be way too obvious. It would have to be a chance encounter ... perhaps at Club Whiplash, the fetish club stroke underground scene bar that Sebastian frequents on the many nights he feels the need to drown his sorrow and regret in Absinthe and anonymous Sado masochistic kink play.

No ... the concept was good but it didn't feel right that ... what would I call her ... Alex!

No Alex had to be a relative innocent, fascinated, beguiled and drawn to the world of dirty sexy kink and drawn ever nearer by the web of intrigue and the smouldering charms of Sebastian Black. She must be an ingénue ripe for her journey into the dark world inhabited by the allure of Christian ... I mean Sebastian Black.

Ah but I've probably given away too much of my thought processes in this introduction. I'll end and let you read the novelette as I'm sure you're dying to. As I told Bandwagon though, I want to be true to my creative vision and for this to be warts and all so I'm going to include editors notes and suggestions as well as some of my responses so you can all be privy to the process. Please enjoy.