Proof of Character

Once again I do not own The Musketeers in any way at all, no matter how much I wish I did, in fact, own them. Please enjoy and give any feedback you want thanks. Xox

Chapter 2

On their way to the Palace, the four Frenchmen learned a great deal about the young Noble. Lady Bridget Silveress was 17 years of age and had become part of the nobility through her family. Her father had received a knighthood and as he had no other children or brothers to take up the title it was passed to her. She grew up in the small town of Abingdon-on-Thames in England with her mother and father, who she said were happily married but were not without their enemies, one of which caused their deaths. She had received an education which was normally only given to men in her home and consequently she could speak German and Spanish fluently alongside French. Her father had been involved with some people in the government in some way and they had made the decision to send her over both to keep her safe from those who had hurt her family and because she was a good judge of character and could be well trusted. She was in full support of the treaty between Britain and France but was unsure as to whether it could go ahead because of religious issues and the tensions between England and Spain.

"But still, We must maintain hope if anything is to happen at all." Lady Silveress concluded.

"Indeed my lady," agreed Aramis, "but I must enquire as to how you are acquainted to the Captain Smith, you seem to know each other quite well...are you...?"

"Oh no! Never." Said Bridget quickly, "Captain Smith is nought but an old friend of my family. He was close to my to parents and he grew up with my father I believe. He was not incredibly supportive of the decision to send me here and saw as his duty to make sure I arrived here safely at least. He is of the opinion that those who murdered my parents will be in pursuit of my person. He is paranoid and, frankly, sometimes delusional, but he is the closest thing to family that I have now and I love him dearly for it."

"Just making sure." Said Aramis, "My apologies."

"Yet again there is no need for an apology of any sort my dear Aramis," Bridget smiled gently, "curiosity is in our natures and I believe should always be embraced and encouraged."

"My lady," interrupted Athos from the front where he was driving the carriage, "We will be at the Palace in ten minutes, the King will receive you in the throne room and then we will escort you to your rooms and you may retire."

"Ten minutes...oh dear." muttered Bridget. She suddenly dived into one of her bags rooting around for something.

"Em....My lady?" questioned D'Artagnan, exchanging a glance with Porthos, "Is something the matter?"

"Not at all," she replied, emerging from her bag clutching a small case to her chest and sitting back down. She proceeded to paint her lips a flattering shade of red, and pinch her cheeks to pink them slightly. D'Artagnan looked closer at her and realised that she was, in fact, quite attractive. Her full, now dark red lips brought out her light green eyes flecked with gold which in turn contrasted with her dark auburn hair that tumbled in soft waves to the middle of her back. Her eyes seemed to forever be laughing with their soft glint and her lips were made for smiling, upturned and joyful. Her figure was not skinny but well muscled and slightly soft and she reached no more than five foot three inches. Aside from this her features were all very delicate and murmured of a well bred elegance. She quickly swept up her hair into a careful bun atop her head and smoothed down her green and gold dress. Her dress was in a style to that of the gentry in France, made of fine materials and containing intricate patterns and designs all seemingly hand-stitched with great attention to detail. The skirt billowed out around her and emphasised her waist line, whilst the bodice of the dress was drawn tight to pull in her stomach.