forty-four

Start from the beginning

"Hey," I say as I walk into the kitchen. I take a seat at the island and put my phone and keys down on the counter.

"Hi sweetie," Mom says.

"How was school today?" Dad asks.

"Really long. The kids were running all over the place and it was literally freezing in the building all day."

"Looks like we're gonna get a couple more inches tonight," Mom comments.

"Yeah, I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow," I reply. We talk until I'm interrupted in the middle of my sentence by a pair of arms wrapping around me. "Hey there."

"Hi," Tobias says, leaning down to kiss me.

"Nat, how's that dinner coming?" Dad asks, standing up and walking over to Mom.

"Almost there, honey," Mom responds. I pat the stool next to me and Tobias sits down. He grabs my hand and lets our fingers intertwine. Tobias plays with the rings on my other hand, especially the one on my ring finger. I smile as I kiss the back of his hand. A happy smile grows on his face and goes back to messing with my rings.

Dinner is ready in the dining room about ten minutes after that, and we all spend about 45 minutes talking and eating at the same time.

It's about five minutes after seven by the time you Tobias and I leave Mom and Dad's house. The snow is falling hard and fast, and it's literally way below freezing. This weather is over 50 degrees too cold for me. I hate being cold more than I hate being hungry.

The car speeds out of the neighborhood and winds through several different streets. I look through the window at all of the giant snowflakes and tell Tobias to slow down when I see something curled up under a park bench. Tobias pulls over and I get out, pulling my coat closer to me as if it'll make me any warmer (which it doesn't).

Tobias get out too but stays by the car as I trudge through the snow to get to the bench. I bend down once I reach it, and hear the quiet purr of a sleeping cat. My hand reaches out to pet the small gray cat, but as soon as my fingers graze it's fur, it wakes up and hisses at me.

"Babe, what is it?" Tobias shouts from the car, obviously cold and tired.

"It's a cat. Hold on babe I'll be right there," I yell back, facing him. I turn back towards the cat, and gently try to pet it again. "Hey, it's okay. I'm here to help you." She (I'm assuming) hisses again and I back off once more.

There's about fifteen minutes of this, going back and forth, me trying to pet her, and her hissing at me before I'm able to pick her up and carry her to the car. I wrap her up in my coat with me and turn the heat up high once we get in the car.

"A cat, huh?" Tobias says, trying to pet her behind her ears. She freaks and tries to bite him, making me laugh.

"Did you not just see what I was doing for fifteen minutes?" I ask petting her behind her ears.

"No, I was too cold." I laugh again and rub his shoulder as he pulls onto the road again. "Where to now?"

"Let's go to the vet," I answer, petting the cat again in an effort to get her warmed up.

Tobias drives to the nearest vet, that is thankfully still open, and we bring her inside to get her checked out.

An hour later, she's all we find out she's healthy, but a little malnourished and we can take her home. As soon as Tobias and I walk through the door, Koda attacks us and the cat. She freaks out and wriggles in my arms, wanting to run away.

I just set her down right in front of Koda, and hold her there so she can't go anywhere. She squirms again but eventually settles down and let's Koda sniff her. I let go of her and let her wander around the apartment.
𖤐  𖤐  𖤐  𖤐  𖤐

It's been about a month, the wedding planning is in full swing, I'm also busy with school, and Tobias is in Arizona for Spring Training

So I'm left alone in Chicago with the two pets. Actually, speaking of the devil, Queenie is doing great. She's coming close to comfortable, and she's eating well so she's not as scrawny as she was a month ago. We named her Queenie cause she literally loves to pretend that she's the queen of everyone and everything, plus it's just super cute and reminds me of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

It's the Friday of spring break, and I'm packing right now for Spring Training in Arizona. Tobias has been playing a lot, which is fantastic and he's been playing well, which is also fantastic. I'm so happy for him, this is his dream.

The gang is also coming, and the eight of us (Tobias has to stay with his team) are staying in a big house out in Chandler. It has a huge pool, game room, five bedroom and a giant kitchen and living room.

I walk out of the closet with a couple shirts and put them my suitcase as Queenie jumps onto the bed. She nudges my hand with her head and I pet her quickly before closing my suitcase and zipping it up. I make sure I have everything out for Koda and Queenie, and also that I have everything in my backpack before leaving the apartment and driving to the airport.
𖠛 𖠛 𖠛 𖠛 𖠛
A/N: yo, my dudes!! How's it been guys? I've missed you💓 9 days, that's pretty good, right? Anyway, I just got back from my weekend in AZ with my mom + bros and it was so much fun. I've missed so much school in the last like two months like you have no idea... yeesh I'm just kinda starting to get caught up now which is fantastic
Omg my mom took my shopping for my bday on Sat and I got a couple things from like Forever 21 and American Eagle and stuff like that, but then we went to kohls on Sunday and I could not stop myself from getting more things... I swear kohls is the shit. I tried so hard not to get more stuff but all the clothes they have are so dang cute😂
love you babes💜💜💜
-Аɴɴɑ💘🇺🇸💋😍🌴🤷🏻‍♀️✈️😈🤦🏻‍♀️💃🏻👓🐶💫