Chapter 12

I arrived home at around 11pm, with a cold can of lemonade and I wasn't surprised to see that my mum had gone crazy. "What time do you call this?", she shouted "I've been calling and texting you but you haven't answered anything".

I began to walk up the stairs because I knew what she was going to say next "We still have to talk about what you did to max's brother, don't think I've and don't walk away from me Aphrodite Jones!" She grabbed my arm but I pushed her away slamming then locking the door in her face. Even though the door was closed it still didn't stop mum from ranting on and on about how horrible I was to Max.

I was annoyed at everyone, I mean it wasn't my fault that we moved here in the first place and it wasn't even my fault that my mum was acting like a stupid teenager; why couldn't she just be normal?

That night I dreamed about how life would be like if I grew up in an ordinary family, that consisted of normal parents and a good little sister. Everything went perfect nothing was out of the blue and there were no odd surprises.

we were back in England and my grades were really high, just as I was about to graduate from university I heard someone mowing the lawn just like they did every Sunday. When I woke up, mum was already sitting at the breakfast table with a mug of tea it was as if she waited all night.

Before she could say anything there was a knock on the door and granny Jane opened it with a surprised face "Sam, why are you here?", my mum rushed to Sam and was about to kiss him but he moved away "I need to talk to you about something".

Sam and mum were out in the front garden, so I decided to rush back upstairs but granny Jane stopped me "Where do you think you're going missy?", I didn't want to say anything else or I'd get in more trouble so we both sat silently at the breakfast table waiting for mum.

There were few murmurs from outside, then a loud cry granny Jane rushed outside bringing back a distraught mum; who was sobbing so much mascara was everywhere on her face she kept shouting "He broke up with me" again and again.

I didn't feel right to help mum in this time of need as I was the one guilty for all of it, and I'd never seen her like this before normally she would say 'there's no time to feel sad I need to keep my head held high and move on'.

 Although I finally got what I wanted it didn't feel right, I didn't like how my much it was hurting mum.