Chapter 2: Gray Cat and Monsterous Mutts

I own nothing
Chapter 2: A Day in the Life of the Doctor
Tea POV
It was lunch time and I was currently dragging Joey to the library with Tristan and Yugi following behind. Tristan, Yugi, and I had decided to talk to Dr (L/N) a bit more to help us prepare for of mythology test and heaven knows we couldn't leave Joey alone for 2 seconds without him getting into trouble. He was struggling pretty hard against me.

"I don't wanna talk to that scary monster lady," I felt compelled to smack him.

"Joey, Dr (L/N) is a nice woman who happens to study things which are objectively scary. She only talked that way at the end of class to teach some pervert a lesson,"

"No way Tea! There's something wrong with that lady! Didn't you see that cloak? She's gotta be a witch!"

"Joey, it's probably a keep sake or an old relic. It doesn't mean she's a witch," Yugi assured him. Tristan huffed.

"Also helps that witches and monsters aren't real,"

We finally made it to the library and found Dr (L/N) closely examining a book written in a language none of us had seen. After passing Joey to Tristan, I walked up and gently tapped on her shoulder.

"Um, Dr (L/N)?" She looked up with a curious look in her eye.

"Hm? Oh, Tea correct?" I nodded.

"Yes, and these are Yugi, Tristan, and Joey," She smiled kindly.

"Please to meet you. What can I do for you students?" Tristan answered.

"We were hoping you could help us review a bit on your lecture for our test," she nodded.

"Of course! I'm always happy to help with my field," we handed her our notes, and after reviewing them a bit, she smiled at Yugi.

"These are excellent notes Yugi! So long as you study these, you'll be fine!" He blushed.

"Um, thanks! I really enjoyed you lecture! But can I ask why you looked at me funny during it? It was like you were expecting me to attack you," Her face darkened for a minute. Her eyes filled with terror, as she had been through a horrible traumatic experience. However, it disappeared as soon as it came as she forced a bashful smile.

"Oh I'm sorry Yugi, you just happen to look exactly like this guy I used...to know,"

"Was he a romantic partner?" I asked, very interested.

"In a way, but it didn't end well. He frightened me at times, so please don't take offense Yugi!"

"No it's fine! I'm just sorry I reminded you of him,"

"Apology accepted! Now Tea and Tristan, I suggest adding a few more details to your notes. I know!" She dug into a brown leather bag hanging off of her chair and pulled out a large cream book with a green stone in the center of of the cover and strange symbols surrounding it. She handed it to me and I struggled to keep it up. This thing was heavy! How had she carried it with one hand?!

"Study the pages involving Dracons, werewolves, vampires, and sucubi from this book and you'll do well. Don't worry, each monster is only one page. It's just that this book has a lot of different types of beasts," Tristan took the book from my hands and nodded.

"Thank you Dr (L/N)!" She shook her head.

"Just call me (Y/N). I'm only 22 guys, no need for formalities!" We dropped of jaws. I was the first to try and speak.

"22?! I knew you were still young but I didn't expect you to be that young and so accomplished!" She smirks.

"Well it gives you guys something to strive for," Joey gave her a suspicious look.