Chapter Three

Alison knew absolutely nothing about babies, or even pregnancy for that matter. To suggest that she knew anything about the milestones that she is supposed to be reaching, or how much the fetus is supposed to be growing each and every day, is nearly laughable. There is an app on her phone that compares her baby to a piece of fruit or vegetable every week, but honestly, she doesn't quite understand it. How can something the size of a piece of fruit inevitably become the human being that she is legally responsible for until they reach adulthood? How can something so tiny be carrying the genes of a Queen Bee and her most dedicated follower? She doesn't know anything about this baby, or this pregnancy- ranging from the rounds of sickness that rush over her all day (so much for morning sickness), to the types of clothes that she should be buying for herself and the baby (because the kid can't just always wear diapers, right?) In a rare instance in her life, Alison finds herself longing for her mother and her presence. Jessica had been through pregnancies twice and delivered healthy and arguably normal children- she would have known exactly what to do in this circumstance. She would have known how to console her on those days when she didn't think that her stomach would ever stop heaving, or when she questionably looked at infant items, not knowing what she needed. Alison knew that Jessica did not always know what to do with her as a child, but surely she would have been supportive of her grandchild. After all, Jessica had always been fond of Emily, and often told Alison how much she wished that they could have made it work.

However, Alison is not so sure how she would have felt about the two women bringing a new life into this world, especially a new life that would share the same genes as her.

Just like Alison is not so sure how Mary Drake feels about taking care of a pregnant niece. A niece that is carrying the baby of her childhood sweetheart, who just so happens to be a female. Mary had not necessarily commented on Alison's pregnancy, or her relationship with Emily for that matter. But Alison can't help but muse that it was Mary's daughter who tried to kill them all at one point- therefore, she truly could not judge her relationship with Emily Fields.

It has nearly been over a month since she was finally released from Welby and fully discovered why her period had been so late and her emotions had been so out of whack. It had been a month since her, along with Emily, stood in the front yard of her childhood home and told their very best friends that they were having a baby together through the help of Uber A. It had been a month since everything Alison DiLaurentis knew was suddenly all wrong, and her whole world turned on a dime. It had been a month since everything that had once been about her was suddenly about the innocent child that is growing inside of her. In that month, she spoke to Mary when conversation was forced- typically when Mary is offering her something to drink, or some comfort after Alison has emptied the contents of her stomach into the nearest toilet.

In that month, Emily had been over and involved in this pregnancy and their relationship as much as possible- but between swimming practices and meets, and now heading to State (really, Alison couldn't be more thrilled that she got the job), they time they actually had together seemed to be dwindling. Spencer refused to answer her phone calls- not that it surprised Alison all that much. Spencer had always been a very Type A personality, and when something threw a wrench in her plan, she would cut all ties. She knows eventually the Hastings girl will come around- after all, this baby is just as much a part of her as it is Alison and Emily. Hanna was far too busy in New York to warrant a trip to Rosewood to see her friend- something about releasing a clothing line and Caleb's new job. (Alison's happy for her, honestly.) Aria had come over as often as she could when Alison called- they binge watched old movies as Aria wrote for her book and drank wine, while Alison went through boxes of old stuff Jessica had kept and sipped on some ginger ale (not that she was buying that it was good for an upset stomach).