Chapter Twenty-one

Ashton's Pov

I walked into the hotel lobby. I got in the elevator and walked into the hotel room all four of us boys are sharing. The second I walked in my phone was ringing. I let my phone ring for a few seconds since I liked the ringtone. The boys looked at me funny. "Answer it, ya meatball!" Michael exclaimed. I answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Is this Ashton Irwin?" A woman asked.

"Uhh yeah. Who is this?"

"Dr. White. I am calling to tell you that you need to come to the hospital right away."

"Okay...What for?" I asked confused.

"Looks like you'll see when you get here."

"Right. I am on my way." I said.

I put my phone in my pocket and turned to walk out the door. "Where are you going?" Calum asked."To the hospital apparently." I said. "Why?" Michael asked. "I don't know. They called me and told me to come quick. Whatever it is it can't be good." I said. "I am coming with you!" Calum said walking towards the door. We walked outside and got in the car.  The ride was quiet. I was glad he didn't try talking to me because I don't want to talk. I am so nervous about what happened. When we got in the parking lot I got out of the car and speed walked to the doors. Calum did the same.

I walked in and a nurse said, "Hello sir. How may I help you?"

"I got a call from Dr. White and-"

"I am Dr. White. Follow me boys."

We did as he asked. He led down the hallway and stopped walking and looked at us.

"Which one of you is Mr.Irwin?" he asked.

"I am."

"Mia, got hurt. You were the first contact on her phone so we called you."

"What happened?" I asked.

"We don't know. She is on her way here in an ambulance. It was a car crash." He said. "Follow me."

We followed back to the waiting room. Five men walked in pushing a girl.

"It's Mia!" I said. They hurried down the hall with her. Her face was cut on her forehead. Her eyes were shut.

Is she breathing? How hurt is she? Is she dead? No. She can't be dead. Can she? There's a possibility that she could be dead. But if she's dead, I wouldn't ever move on. I wouldn't survive. I couldn't. If she's gone, we would've never gotten married, never had children, never grown old together, never traveled the world. Never.

This can't be happening. No. Not now. Not ever. Not to her.

"Ashton?" Calum asked. "Huh?" "I've calling your name for the last five minutes." He said. I didn't reply. "She'll be okay." He mumbled. I still didn't answer again. I sat down in one of the chairs next to Calum. I looked down. I stared at the floor. The whole time I couldn't stop thinking about Mia and if she'll be okay.

Hours passed and I began to fall asleep.

++++

I opened my eyes. Calum was on his phone. "What did I miss?" I asked. "Mia's dad came for a few hours. He left." He said putting his phone in his pocket. "Is she okay?" "I haven't visited her yet so I don't know. I was waiting for you to wake up first." He said. We both stood up and walked over to the nurses desk."Can we visit Mia Scott now?" I asked. She nodded. "Right this way." A nurse said. She led us down the hall. We stopped in front of a opened door. I couldn't see inside though. "She's right in there." She said stepping to the side so we could walk in. I was nervous.

Mia was laying on a bed. Her cut on her forehead was now stitched up. Her eyes were closed but she was still breathing. "So she's alive." I said relieved. "Yes, but the thing is, we don't know when she'll wake up." The nurse said. "What do you mean?" Calum asked. I am glad he asked because I am a little confused too. "She is in a coma."