Survival: Chapter Twenty-One

Survival

Chapter: Twenty-One

I arrive "home" and Emma and Stephanie are already there. They were just back from college and they seemed tired. Tired from the party, not from learning. I still can't believe the way Emma acted that night. She was wild. But in a way, I liked it, a lot.

"Hey, guys," I say as soon as my right foot touches the carpet.

They both reply with a hi.

Stephanie is lying on the coach with a bandana wrapped around her head." Shit, my head is killing me, but it was so worth it. Last was EPIC!" She screams out the past word and goes back to recovery mode.

"How about you, Emma," I ask.

Emma seems embarrassed, she quite doesn't want to look at me. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine," she says with eyes wondering somewhere else and her hand playing with her hair." I mean, I'm not fine. I'm embarrassed. I have no idea what got into me last night. What happened? Please tell me I didn't do anything reckless."

"No, your good," I reply. "You still got your dignity."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"The only thing I remember is me in a pool and me on the ground, passed out. I don't even remember how we even got home?"

"I drove home," I say." It was hard to get Stephanie out. You, not too hard 'cause you were sleeping on the grass. I had to carry both of you back to the car, one by one."

"Oh my god, that's too sweet," she speaks with a smile, an innocent smile compared to what her drunk face looked like at the party last night. However, I skip the part that I carried her with her only wearing her swimming bikini.

"Do you know where my clothes are from the party," she asks. "I think I lost them.

I tell her that her clothes probably stayed at Jake Number Two's house.

"Oh, I just realized that I spent almost the entire party almost naked. Jeez, I feel like a whore."

She starts laughing, giggling. And I do too. Mainly because I don't want this moment to get awkward, but it been a long time since I cracked a good laugh.

"You laugh so funny, Adam," Emma says.

"No, you do," I say.

"No, you!"

"Nope, it's you."

So, to prove it I start tickling her. And the laughter of her volume increases and for some reason, mine does too.

I stop tickling her and we're still laughing hard. The feeling of laughing repairs a bad and tired mood.

This moment is too perfect.

"Stop, we're going to wake up Stephanie," she says.

"She's fine, her snore is still louder than out laughter combined," I say.

Apparently, that was funny for Emma and she starts laughing more. And I do too.

The rest of the day we spend it together in the apartment. We order Chinese food and watched movies. Stephanie only woke up to eat. After consuming her meal, she went to sleep.

So, now it was only Stephanie and me. Together. Watching movies. The only thing that ruined the moment was that I had to work tomorrow early in the morning. And this time I don't want to be close to being late.

Therefore, I forget about tomorrow and only think of the present.