Chapter One

Your POV

Beep

It felt like I was living in a never ending cycle of sadness. This would be the time where I'd introduce myself, get interrupted by a family member or a friend and then be late for school. Though the thing is, I don't know my name or age. I honestly have no clue if I even have a family nor do I know where I live. It's as if I suffer from amnesia.

You're thinking, 'then when you woke up, wouldn't that have been where you were living?'. Sure, I woke up. Woke up in the middle of no where on the side of a street. I can't really describe what the place looked like but all I can say is that there was a two way road and many dead flower beds and trees. I had to walk by foot to find some shelter and surprisingly I hadn't seen any cars driving past me on the street.

Finally after who knows how long, I find myself surrounded by houses and people. Further up, I saw a park full of little kids running around on the playground. My eyes connected to a bench and I ran towards it and allowed my body to be held up by the chair as I sat down. I sighed in relief, feeling the satisfaction of my feet getting some rest.

Beep

I continue to look around and I hear the sound of a baby crying coming towards my direction. I jerk my head to the side and a lady comes towards me, pushing a baby pram with the crying child. As she got to the bench, she halted and sat herself down, giving the baby the attention it needed. She was wearing a floral dress that ended below her knees with a really big floppy hat on her head that covered the top half of her face but you could tell that she looked relatively young. She held the baby into her arms and slowly rocked the baby back and forth whilst humming an unknown melody. The baby soon quietened down and gurgled.

The look that the lady had for the child was very protective and nurturing, make me feel sad. Like I had mentioned before, I don't know if I have a family and by the way she looks at her child just makes me eager to find out about myself, if I had any family and where I am.

Contemplating back and forth, I whisk up the courage to talk to the lady.

"Excuse me, I'm lost. Could you tell me where I am?" I said in a quiet tone, feeling a bit shy.

Beep

The lady continued to rock the baby and she poked her child's nose with her slender index finger. The baby then started to whimper as if it was a natural instinct.

"What's wrong hun?" the lady said out loud.

I raised my eye brow in confusion. Did she not hear me because I was too quiet? I clear my throat and try to repeat myself again, hoping I'd get some answers. "Excuse me, I'm lost. Could yo-"

"Is someone hungry?" She brought her free hand down to the pram and took out a baby bottle. She unclipped the cap from the bottle and the baby brought the tip of the bottle to its mouth. I jolted my body back a bit in scepticism. Could it be possible that she was ignoring me?

Beep

Or could she not see me? I hesitantly brought my left hand towards her shoulder to get her attention but my hand went through her. I hastily jumped on my feet and paced around. Oh my goodness! She can't answer me because she can't see me. Damn it. What's the point in finding out about myself if I can't even have someone answer me let alone see me?!

Feeling utterly hopeless, I felt something hit me in the centre of my chest. I look down and see two metal pieces on a string that was attached around my neck. Using my thumb and index finger, I lift up the mysterious pieces of metal to my eyes. Observing the pieces and concluding that it was a bird and a shooting star. The colours on the two pieces were slowly fading but I didn't care. This was something that had to with me, regardless of not knowing its value to my existence but I knew that it would be hopeless to find any crucial information about myself just by this necklace.