Alec ran into the room where everyone was and saw all the downworlders dead on the ground. He didn't see you anywhere so he called Magnus to see if he was with you.

"Magnus! Is y/n with you?" Alec asked panicking

"No. She went back to the Institute to help you. I tried to stop her but she insisted she goes because she didn't want anything happening to you." Magnus explained. "Is she alright?" he asked

"I don't know. I can't find her but the Soul Sword was activated and all the downworlders in the Institute are dead. I don't know if she was in the Institute when the sword was activat-" Alec started to tell Magnus until he saw you.

"Alec? Alexander? Are you still there?" Magnus called, worried.

"Y/n?" Magnus heard Alec say through the phone

"You found her? Is she alright?" Magnus asked

"Y/n, please wake up." Alec cried. Magnus instantly knew that you had been in the Institute when the Soul Sword was activated. He hung up the phone and portalled to the Institute. Alec held your lifeless body in his arms and cried. He kept whispering that he loved you and that this was all his fault. He kept believing that if he had protected you more then you wouldn't be dead right now. Magnus found Alec with you in his arms and knelt beside the grieving Shadowhunter.

"Alexander, there is nothing you could have done. She wanted to come back to save you. She loved you so much, I would know because she would never shut up about you." Magnus gave a slight smile to Alec. Alec just hung his head and cried some more.

Time Skip

Alec went on missions and he did pretty much everything he had done before when you were still alive. Or at least that's what Izzy, Jace, and everyone else saw. But when Alec was alone in his room, he would stare at a picture of you and just cry. He still had all of the things you gave him and he asked Magnus if he could have the rest of your belongings. Magnus gave Alec everything except for a feather that Magnus had. The feather was from your wings. You gave it to Magnus as a gift for your 100th anniversary of friendship. Alec was miserable without you. He just didn't show it. Izzy and Jace got worried about Alec but whenever they tried to talk to him about it, Alec would mumble "I'm fine" and continue what he was doing. For him, talking about it just made it hurt worse. He wanted to forget about your death, but he could never forget about you. He loved you with every fibre of his being.

Simon

Simon had just been kidnapped by Valentine and you, Jace, and Clary all were at the Institute looking for him. Jace told you to stay with Clary and make sure Valentine didn't get to her.

"No! Jace I am going to find my boyfriend." you told Jace

"y/n, I will find Simon, but I need you to make sure that Valentine doesn't get to Clary or else he will activate the Soul Sword and all the downworlders, including your vampire boyfriend, will die." Jace explained to you. You hated that you had to babysit some girl who thought she was a Shadowhunter, instead of going to find Simon. You hated that Jace thought Clary was some amazing Shadowhunter when you were obviously better than her, just because he is in love with her.

You didn't say anything to Jace, you just rolled your eyes and nodded your head.

"Thank you. Ill be as quick as I can." Jace said before running off.

It had been about 10 minutes and Jace still wasn't back with Simon. You were getting worried. What is Valentine killed Simon and then killed Jace when he ran in to save Simon?

"I can't wait anymore" you said to Clary. "I'm going to find them."

"But Jace said-" Clary started before you cut her off