Grizzly's Favour

I walked back to the brown bear that was slumped down in the sofa, holding his ice cream in hand.

I still don't know why I do this...

"Oh thanks, man!"

"Woman."

"This is just what I like! Cool."

"Yeah..." I put my hands on my hips, not angry but a bit confused about why I have to do so many favours. As Grizzly gulped down his treat in a bite "But you know, Grizz, that I am not your maid."

"No, you're not."

"Glad you understand."

"But you'd look SO good in a maid's costume."

"Well, I..." it just hit me. Oh, that sly smirk...!! "What the hell, have you gone insane!?"

"Huh? Do you prefer another kind of outfit?"

"Don't cosplay-me with your eyes!" I closed my eyes for a moment, rubbed my temples and sighed, trying not to get flustered "Look, Grizz... I'm sorry, ok?"

"It's ok." he paused his game and looked at me in the eye "But I thought you liked that I was so straightforward and honest, (Name)."

"That's not called being 'honest', that's called being blunt." I crossed my arms, feeling like an adult dealing with a kindergarden child "And it turns out into rudeness, sometimes."

"Hahaha! Hey, now you nag me like Panda when he's in his days!"

"Grizz! Panda is not a girl! Boys don't have a period or... whatever you meant. Pandas neither... I think."

How can a Grizzly bear get my reasonability to waver?

I shook my head "Whatever."

"He may not, but he's pretty moody."

"I HEARD YOU, GRIZZ!!"

"YIKES, SUCH EARS!!" I shouted back to the panda "Grizz, let's leave the topic, this thing about periods and pandas are confusing me."

"I agree."

"..."

"..."

"..."

An uncomfortable silence was taking over the room, if it wasn't for Grizzly, who talked up.

"Hey, why don't you come and sit by me?" he patted the empty side of the sofa "We can play games or somethin'."

"..." trying to contain my excited feelings, I bit my lower lip and giggled with a super-big grin before sitting down "Ok! But just because I have nothing to do until noon!"

"Yeah, as you say, Missy."

"Don't be sarcastic with me, you nasty gentlebear." I responded, jokingly.

"Oh? You know, I would like something right now."

"Oh, don't you say?"

"Can you do me a favour?"

"Nice. I think... what you like are sports, right? You want to play something like basketball, don't you? I'm going for the ball."

"Nice try, hmmm... but no."

"A snack? I mean, another one?"

"Nah, I'm full."

"Give me a hint? Maybe, with which letter does this start?"

"Uhm, I think I crave for something that starts with... (your name's first letter)!"

"What. Uh... Lemme think."

"It's closer than you think~"

"..." when I realized what he was implying by his increasing closeness, I just managed to laugh "Hahahaha!"

"What?"

"You're not trying to tell me that what you like is me, right?" I wiped off a stray tear from too much laugh "Oh my, I've got such a crazy imagination, haha..."

"(Name)." he got serious all of a sudden and grabbed my shoulders.

Uh-oh, a serious Grizzly. What did I do wrong now?

"Whatcha want?"

"Shut up."

"Don't go telling me to shut up."

"See? You act so tough and daring at moments and that is so...!"

"So...?"

"So cute!!"

"Be serious."

"Alright."

Suddenly and for strange it may appear to be, I felt a fluffy sensation in my tummy, consequence to the furry feeling on my lips. Just opening very well my eyes and I realized my vision was blocked by a ton of brown fur.

I felt in shock.

"Sorry, hard to be serious with that face looking at me, hehe..." Grizzly asked, when he dissipated the kiss. Noticing I was still in the clouds, he waved a paw in front of me "... (Name)~?"

"... You like me." I blinked. My memory said that again and again in my head, as if it was some data unable to be processed.

"Uhm, yes... I like you...?"

"You like me."

"I like you."

"You like me."

"Oh, man..."

A laughing Grizzly took the hands of the girl in his paws, looking at her, full smile. Even though the moment could be the cutest ever lived by her, she only managed to repeat that same phrase over and over like a robot.

"Listen, I like you."

"You like me."

"(Name)."

"You like me."

"Yeah. You just know what I like."

~ × × × ~

"You like me."

"(Name), shut up."

"You like me."

"Yeah... You've said it like, 47 times."

"You like me."

"Aw, com'on. You've gotta say you like me, too! Romantic movies don't work only one way... They don't even work THIS way!"

"You like me."

"Shut up already."

"I like you."

"..."

"..."

"No, no, don't shut up now!"