Thumbelina

LEO:

My head was fucking killing me. I blinked groggily before deciding to close my eyes for just a few more seconds. It was bright out.

Wait.

I reopened my eyes, confused as to why I was on the couch in our apartment's communal living room as opposed to the comfort of my own bed in my room a mere 30 feet away. I leaned up on one elbow before realizing I was shirtless. My head was throbbing.

I watched as Brett walked into the room and headed straight to the fridge in nothing but his boxers.

He glanced over in my direction. "Oh hey," he said. "You're up." He pulled out a beer from the fridge and cracked it open before taking two long swigs.

"Dude, what time is it?" I asked, nodding towards his choice of beverage. I hadn't been sleeping that long, right? I looked out towards our balcony. It was light out, I was guessing midday.

"Uhhhhh..." Brett turned to look at the microwave. "It's 1:30. Probably still too early for a beer, but who gives a shit."

"Jesus," I fisted my hands, running them over his eyes, "Why am I on the couch?"

"Man, you seriously wouldn't leave last night. We didn't get home until like 4 even though the place closed at 2:30."

What the fuck? I felt my eyebrows furrow. "I wouldn't?"

"No," Brett replied as he sipped his Budweiser. "You kept looking for that girl even though we told you she'd left already."

Teagan.

It was all coming back to me now. Goddamn, I didn't even think I had that much to drink. However my pounding headache was telling me otherwise. But I definitely remember her. Petite, with dirty blonde hair that fell right above her chest, the biggest brown eyes I'd ever seen. A banter to match my own. A tongue I liked down my throat. I wondered what it would feel like other places and felt a strain in my boxers. I was glad that the majority of me was out of view from Brett at the moment.

"Oh, shit," I laid back on the couch. My stomach churned, and deciding against it, I sat back upright. "I didn't do anything stupid right? Please tell me I didn't do anything stupid."

"Besides swallow her face in front of the whole bar? Nah."

I remembered that part well. "Well, thank god," I said, relieved. "I remember we sounded pretty good last night, too," I added in for good measure.

"Damn straight we did," Tommy entered the room dressed in his usual black skinny jeans and white t-shirt. "I think that label on Wednesday is gonna love us. How you feeling Leo? You went pretty hard last night."

"I don't even remember drinking that much!" I exclaimed. "I think that one girl was making our drinks pretty strong."

"Yeah she was a homie," Brett added. "I felt pretty shitty this morning too though."

"Natalie," Tommy said.

"Huh?"

"The bartender. Her name was Natalie. I got her number," Tommy added. Damn, go Tommy. Usually I'm the one leaving with at least one girl's number.

I sighed, "God damnit dude, I didn't get Teagan's number. I went to get our CD's and when I came back she was gone. I think she just bolted, I dunno. I thought she was into it but maybe not."

"Christ I had the opposite issue," Brett finished off his beer before continuing. "That one girl Julia or whatever wouldn't leave me alone."

"At least she liked you! But yeah she was fucking down," I said.