Chapter 22--The Art of Tattoos

Start from the beginning

"No," I said hesitantly. Would I need an appointment for all these places?

The lady gave me a bright and fake smile. "That's perfectly fine," she said. Then wrote a few things on a sheet of paper. I glanced at Kellie who had an eyebrow raised and then Victoria who was rolling her eyes and looking more annoyed than ever. "Follow me," the young lady finally said.

She asked what kind of dresses I was looking for before showing me the section of evening gowns. It was all color coded. And I wasn't surprised to see everything covered in a layer of plastic. The store itself—put in the simplest of terms—was a cliché modern white. It looked like I had just walked into a giant Ikea room. I wouldn't have been surprised to see half the furniture from Ikea.

"Just give us a call if you need help with anything," The employee said with one last smile before walking off.

"Why would I need an appointment?" I asked Victoria as we all started looking through the dresses.

Victoria shrugged, "You tell me."

We were probably shuffling through dresses for ten minutes, randomly gazing and trying to figure out which would look best on me. We eliminated a few that were not my taste whatsoever. I mean...some dresses were beautiful. And others were horrendous for my taste. "What does Aaron like about you the most?" Kellie asked, "And I mean physically."

I was very glad I was too busy behind a different rack because my neck suddenly turned red. "Um," I stuttered trying hard not to think too much about it. "I don't know."

Victoria scoffed, "Yes you do. You just don't want to tell us. Boobs or butt?"

"He doesn't really talk about that much," I admitted. They both gave me a deadpan look so I sighed—caving in their looks—and said, "Legs."

Both my friends took a step back to look at my legs. Victoria crossed one arm over her chest as she analyzed me in my shorts. I felt very awkward standing in front of them while they just stared. Eventually they both looked up at each other and nodded. "He's not lying," Victoria said.

"You do have nice legs Parker," Kellie added onto the commentary.

Now it was my turn to give them both a deadpan look. I was glad they were getting along better. It makes hanging out like this a lot easier that I don't have to worry about the tension between them. It's funny because between Victoria and Kellie I'm like a bridge. I get to hear both of their point of views. For example, Kellie is still bothered over the fact she thinks Victoria and Jackson are dating. Victoria, doesn't care. And she doesn't care because she isn't dating Jackson. Which means Victoria is quite aware of how jealous Kellie is. Yet, does nothing about it. Whereas Kellie just...well she's Kellie.

"What about this one?" Victoria pulled out a dress. "I like the white lace."

"I looks a bit..." I tilted my head to see it at different angle and frowned softly. "Beige."

"Yeah," Kellie agreed as she also stared at it.

Victoria reanalyzed the dress in a different light. "Yeah you're right. It's beige."

She put the dress back and we continued to look through the dresses. Finally, my friends each grabbed about three dresses. I stuck to the two I was holding in my own arms. Getting the attention from one of the employees, we got me a dressing room where I started trying them on. We hadn't decided on a color because we wanted to see which would look best. So at first look my closet was like the insides of a rainbow.

"Well they're not horrid," Victoria said as I walked out of the dressing room in the first dress. Her head was tilted like maybe if she saw it at a different angle it would be better.