C H A P T E R F I V E

* Maiya's POV*

I went up to my room to call Emily and tell her all about my date.
"How was your date?" She asked me right off answering the phone.
"How did you know that's what I was calling about?" I asked playing around.
"Maiya, we've been friends since first grade, I know you by now girl" Emily said laughing. "So was Dexter as big a dork as I thought?" She asked.
"Hey, why do you have to be so hard on the guys I like?" I asked.
"Someone has to be the judge of the guys you go out with." She said playing around. "Did you guys kiss?" she asked.
"If you count a kiss on the cheek." I say laughing.
"Was he that bad?" Emily asked laughing.
"No, he tried to kiss me but it was just bizarre timing and it just got awkward." I say.
"Do you want to kiss him?" She asked.
"I think so, he's sweet in his own dorky way." I say smiling thinking about him.
"Well, I better meet him before you guys become a couple." Emily said "If you think he's a great guy then he must be." she said.
"He is, he won me a teddy bear." I say hugging it.
"Aww, that was sweet of him." she replied.
"Yeah, I better go I have something I have to do, but I'll call you tomorrow ok?" I say.
"Alright, talk to you tomorrow." she said and hung up.
I dialed Dexter's number and waited for him to answer.
"Hello?" I heard him say as he answered the phone.
"Hey Dexter" I say flirting a little bit.
"Hey Maiya" he said laughing.
"I just wanted to call you and tell you I had a real fun time tonight." I say smiling.
"Really?" He asked sounding hopeful.
"Of course." I replied "Since I have to dance all the time i can't even remember when the last time I had fun was." I say.
"Well I'm glad you had fun." He said "I'm really sorry about my timing."
"It's ok." I say laughing "The other reason I called was to see if maybe you'd like to come over tomorrow and swim?" I asked.
"Really?" he asked "I'd love to." He said excited.
"Cool, sounds like a plan then." I say. "Goodnight Dexter, sweet dreams."
"You too Maiya, see you tomorrow." he said and we hung up.

*Dexter's POV*
I made my way to Maiya's house and knocked on the door.
"Is Maiya home?" I asked as Robbie answered the door.
"Maybe she is, maybe she isn't." He said playing around.
"Very funny Robbie." I heard Maiya say. "Hey Dexter." She said coming to the door.
"Hey." I say smiling. "Uh, I know we had plans to hang out here, but I was kinda hoping you'd come with me somewhere?" I asked. "To make up for the awkwardness yesterday" I say laughing.
"Sure, ok" she said doing her eyebrows in confusion smiling coming out the front door shutting it. "So where are we going?" she asked nudging at me.
"You'll see." I say.
As we got to the car I saw Trent's Camaro pull up. "What's going on here?" Trent asked. "I thought we were going to study today Maiya?"
"Shit." I heard her say under her breath obviously forgetting she made other plans. "Uh, Dexter is taking me somewhere Trent, I'm sorry, we can study tomorrow." she says. "You're really going to choose this poor loser who's obviously out of your league over mwah?" he said chuckling putting his hand on himself.
"You can be such a jackass you know that?" she said getting angry. "Lets go Dexter." she said and I went to help her get in the car.
"If I hadn't just had a manicure you'd be dead meat Poindexter." he said to me softly. "Fine I hope you two are very happy together, in your 1915 get-out-and-push piece of shit wheels." He said and sped off.
"That went well." I said in my car.
"Yeah, I guess that was that." Maiya said.
I drove us to a field with trees and flowers. I parked the car and we got out.
"What are we doing here?" Maiya asked laughing.
"I figured since it was such a nice day out, you and me would have a picnic." I say smiling getting the basket and blanket out.
"How romantic." She said smiling.
We set up the blanket and got our drinks and food out of the picnic basket. We talked for a little bit while we ate and enjoyed each other's company. As we finished eating, it started to pour down rain.
We grabbed our stuff and ran to the car.
"Well, I thought it was suppose to be nice today." I say laughing. "Everything I plan gets ruined." I say playing around.
"Aww don't say that." Maiya said "I don't mind sitting in the car listening to music if you don't."
"We can do anything you'd like." I say and she turned on the radio. Boyz II Men's I'll Make Love to You started playing and we just laughed looking at each other. I looked into her eyes and leaned in to kiss her. Our lips met and it was magical.
"Wow" we both said grinning.
"You're a good kisser." She said
"So are you." I said smiling.
She leaned towards me and started kissing me again pulling at my shirt. I don't know how long we made out as the rain pounded on the roof of my car but I didn't want it to end.

Sorry for the short chapter this week guys, I just got accepted into Nursing School ! so I'm trying to get ready and prepared for that :) I promise I'll try to write a bigger chapter next week