Chapter five: An unexpected friend

Sorry guys, I've been writhing this cappie way too long. Plus my father took my computer away for punishent, when i was allmost finished and had to wait to get it back. Promise the next chapter will be written faster (hope so :) I've added another oc to the story, she wont have such a major role but just a little to get Amethyst on the right track here and then, and anybody needs a friend, right?

Disclaimer:

Zuko: DreamRedRose does not own Avatar the last airbender, but it still bugs me how she can make me do all these things, like for example do the disclaimer

Me: Oh shut it. Or I'll make you do something way scarier than just the Disclaimer. *innocent smile* I only own Amethyst, Akio an Zena, no one else. (for now)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!Enjoy!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zuko's P.O.V.

'My win !'

I stood on the metal deck of my ship.

Beneath me lied a little girl. That little girl, who proudly challenged me on a duel for her freedom just a day ago. I recalled her fiery face and I was able to see her determination to win.

I stared in her eyes with triumph intending to gloat over her defeat, but her eyes shocked me. I was expecting a deadly glare, the one that could pierce my skill by just looking but instead her eyes were dim and extremely sad. She finally showed her true emotions she was hiding behind her facade of rebel attitude. I noticed something I wished i wouldn't. Her tear, like a white pearl made its way toward her chin and stayed there. I wanted to look away but somehow I just couldn't tear away my eyes from this girl's face. When she realized herself about her tear, she tried to hide her face by turning her head away from me, embarrassed.

My knee was still on her stomach preventing her to breathe normally. I quickly removed it and watched how she rolled to the side and gasped for air. A tiny feeling of guilt and sympathy for her carved it's way into my heart but I pushed it away before it could take over and made me do something stupid, like letting her go for example.

As I was busy thinking I realized that her sobs have stopped and she was breathing evenly. I can't believe it ! She fell asleep!

Uncle's gesture was clear to understand, when he pointed at me, her and then the door. He wanted me to carry her to the room appointed to her. I wanted to argue, but the angry look in my uncle's eyes made me rethink that. Without a word I picked her up bridal style and carried her inside, the guards opening the doors for me.

I laid her on the bed and covered her small body with a blanket. A loose strand of raven black hair covered her face. I touched it and gently tucked it behind her ear. Her hair was tangled, but still soft. With her deep purple eyes closed, she looked like a totally different person. With that hair and skin tone someone may even mistake her for a firenation girl. But I knew better, she was an enemy, she proved that many times now and I wasn’t usually very nice with enemies. I guess I’ll have to make an exception this time.

She reminded me of someone.

I sighed and left the room, locking it behind me. Just a precaution even though she promised, I didn’t trust her just yet.

Amethyst's P.O.V.

I woke up it the same stupid room as I did yesterday and the day before, or was it more? I didn't know how long did I sleep again. When I tried to turn around a sharp pain in my muscles reminded me of my hopeless situation. Not only that my whole body hurt like hell once more, I also lost the duel I was supposed to win, if i wanted to gain my freedom and leave this place. When I finally turned around I notice a cup of steaming tea. I sat up and reached for it. It had a funny taste. Not like ˝ha-ha˝ funny but the weird funny. I figured it was a medicine of some sort because after a while my limbs didn't hurt half as bad as before.