All Things Go

I feel one minute yeah we got it then it's gone. While we keep waiting on our moment til it falls. So can't nobody ever tell me that I'm wrong.
***

A N T H O N Y

It had been two days since the accident and I was still fucked up. It wasn't until I was close to losing Lani that I realized how dumb my actions had been. I had been doing nothing but hurting the woman I loved the most and everything I had done had lead my girl and one of my daughters in a hospital bed and the other one in a casket. I couldn't help Janice plan the funeral because it hurt too much. I washed up in the bathroom of Lani's hospital room taking a bird bath and brushing my teeth. This was my routine for the past few days and I wasn't leaving.

I walked out of the bathroom and walked to the couch that had my bag full of clothes and hygiene products. I got out my deodorant rubbing it on before hearing a groan. I turned around quickly seeing that Lani's eyes had fluttered open and I rushed to her side.

"Baby." I whispered to her letting a tear fall from my eyes. She opened her mouth frowning. She touched her throat and I quickly pressed the button to call the nurses. When they came I was told to leave the room and I did knowing they had work to do.

I sat in the waiting room with my head down. I was happy she was awake but I knew I'd have to tell her that one of our daughters was killed in the accident. I know that was gonna kill her.

"Why you not in there?" Janice asked walking back into the hallway with a cup of coffee and I looked at her.

"She's up now. The doctors are in there." She closed her eyes and shook her head.

"Thank god." I nodded.

Khyran had come back just when we were given permission to go back into the room. Lani was drinking a cup of water staring out of the large hospital window.

"Oh my baby." Janice said rushing to her side.

"You okay?"

"You feel better Auntie?" Khyrie said climbing into her bed and she smiled weakly before kissing her forehead.

"You hurt?"

"A little but I'll be okay." She smiled before looking at me.

"Where's my babies?" She asked clearing her throat. She had nearly died and the first thing she was worried about was our kids.  That's why I loved her.

"Lil Lani's in her room."

"Samarah?" I shook my head putting it down.

"Anthony." She said sternly.

"Nalani-" Janice tried to speak but she only cut her off.

"Where is she Anthony?" Her voice was weak but I knew if she could scream she would. How was I supposed to tell her that our child was gone. Khyran stood up from the chair with watery eyes. He walked to the bed picking up Khyrie.

"Ima wait outside."

"She's not here Nalani."

"Where is she? With Angel? She should be here go get her." Janice looked at me in sympathy. I knew she didn't say anything because she felt like I should be the one to tell her but how? I felt my eyes watering up and I twisted my lips.

"I'm gonna step out too." Janice said giving us our privacy.

"She's dead Lani." She scrunched up her face and shook her head. Her bottom lip trembled and I knew she was about to cry.