Even Angels

Since you been gone I learned how to move on. How to be myself I don't need nobody's help. I'm doing so good I forgot that I could live like this.
***

4 years later

A N G E L

"Khyrie!" I yelled for my daughter through my two story family home.

It's been 4 years since everything went down and if I do say so myself I've been doing real good. After reading Khyran's letter I broke down and went into a deep depression. He left me without knowing we had a child to take care of he had a different number and refused to speak to me even though he spoke to Anthony and the rest of his family. I was hurt beyond measures so when my daughter was born I told everyone that I didn't want him to be told about her. Call me selfish but certain things must be done. Anyways... my daughter. Khyrie Nevaeh James. Born at 7 months and small as ever. Since she was premature she didn't look her age yet about a year younger but I wasn't complaining. Khyran and I had made something precious even though I took care of her on my own.

I turned the corner and Khyrie crashed into my thighs causing her to fall back onto her butt.

"See stop running." I said grabbing her tiny hand and pulling her up. I rolled my eyes seeing her giggle like she hadn't just bust her ass. I couldn't help but to smile at her deep dimples that she got from Khyran. She didn't look much like him but their personalities were identical.

"You ready to go?" She nodded letting me fix her navy and white striped dress.

"I'm going to auntie Lani or auntie Janice house?"

"Lani's baby go get your bag so we can leave I gotta go to work?" She walked towards her room and I jogged downstairs to get my stuff. Anthony and I owned a few gyms in Michigan. Since we both didn't go to college and we work well together then we figured why not.

I grabbed my MCM purse scrunching up my face when I felt it was heavier than usual. I opened it seeing about 3 bankrolls lying inside and I rolled my eyes. About two years ago Khyran's family moved to Detroit and ever since they realized I wasn't gonna ask for help with Khyrie his male cousins would occasionally slip money in my purse or in Khyrie's bag. I appreciated them and I loved them for trying to help me but I was okay.

"Mommy let's go." Khyrie said coming down the stairs holding the rail.

"Alright come on."
***

"Auntie baby." Lani cooed picking up Khyrie and placing her on the side of her baby bump.

"You gonna mess around go into labor. Where's my niece?" I said referring to Lani's first child, Alani.

"Sleep as always. Ant already left so you better hurry up cause you know how he is." I nodded and turned around to walk out of the door.

"Wait Angel." I turned around and raised my eyebrows.

"He has to talk to you... Have an open mind about what he's saying alright?" I nodded confused but I didn't ask questions.

"Okay. Love you."

"Love you too bye."
***

I walked into Fit For A King and it was crowded as always. Ant and I made sure business was always running smooth. I walked inside greeting those who said hi to me and making my way to Anthony in the back counting money.