Chapter 15 (Edited)

Start from the beginning

“What would that be?”, I asked.

“You.”, was all he said.

I was absolutely speechless. I know he said he loves me, but there is no way that I am more beautiful than this amazing place. The water was so clear and blue, and the trees and flowers were amazing. The glow of the sun starting to set made this place look magical.

I was staring at the lake when I felt Casper brush his hand down my right cheek, and I turned to look at him. He had a look of pure adoration on his face, and I hoped my face mirrored his. Before I could say anything he leaned in and softly kissed me, his lips felt amazing on mine. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance, and without thinking I gave it to him. As soon as his tongue touched mine, there was this explosion of nothing but pure pleasure throughout my whole body.

He slowly pulled back and I was a little upset, I didn't want him to stop. Almost as if hearing my thoughts, he softly grabbed my face between his hands. This time he kissed my forehead, both my cheeks, my nose, and then finally pecked me on the lips.

“When I said I loved you, I need you to know I meant every single word. I do love you with all my heart, you are my soul mate. The one who is meant just for me, and I you.”, he whispered inches away from my lips. I knew that I should say those three little words back to him, but when I went to speak nothing cam out. Why can't I tell him that I love him? I know that I do with everything in me, and I need him to know it before he is forced to marry someone else..

“It's okay. You don't have to say anything.”, he said like he knew I wanted to say it but couldn't get it out.

So I said nothing, and sat down on the grass. Looking out over the lake, I watched the water change colors with the setting sun. My eyes kept drifting to this one tree, it was the most gorgeous tree I had ever seen. It looked to be many years old, but was still magnificent all the same.

All the sudden I had this urge come over me that I couldn't explain. I had to tell him how I felt, it was now or never.

“I love you too.”, I suddenly said. It felt so good to finally admit that to him, but I didn't get the reaction that I thought I would. I wanted him to kiss me again, to whisper that he loved me too. I would always want to hear him say those words to me, and I would never tire of hearing them.

After about five minutes had gone by without him saying anything, I finally began to get nervous thinking maybe I shouldn't have said it at all. Then in the blink of an eye he had grabbed me around the waist, and lifted me so I was sitting with one of my legs on either side of him. He looked deeply into my eyes, and I saw his love for me shining in them. Then his lips were on mine once again, and I felt that same rush of pleasure come over me. I moaned into his mouth and he reached up to tangle his fingers in my hair, as he slowly ran his other hand down my back. I reached up to run my fingers through his hair too, and it felt so smooth just like silk. He smelled amazing and that only added to my want for him and I knew I had to stop before I couldn't. As I pulled away, I looked over my shoulder at that tree again.

Removing myself from Casper's lap I asked him, “What is the name of that tree?”

“That's a Bloodwood Tree.”, he replied looking at it.

He suddenly became very still, and looked as if he were deep in thought.

“Are you alright?”, I asked.

“That's it!”, he replied.

“What?”, I asked confused.

“That's what killed my father!”, he said.

“A tree killed your father?”, I asked totally lost.

“Not the tree, the sap.”, he said.

“So someone killed your father with the sap from that tree?”, I asked just to make sure I understood correctly.