Epilogue

I looked at him with tears in my eyes. Tears that had forgotten me for nearly three months.

The husband who did dearly love me was frustrated of my behavior.

"How long are going to be like this?" He asked trying his level best to control his anger.

"I don't know." I said trying to avoid his graze.

"Are out of your mind? I seriously doubt whether you are a doctor? Such incidence happens in everyone's life. But none stays like this... "He said.

"Yes none stays.... but I do.... For I do really love my mom.... to the core..." I said trying to control my tears.

"But do you think that only you love your mom? Does your sister behave like this?"

"It doesn't matter to me.... but I am unable to come out of this..."

"You won't be able to come out of this until you pour out your heart.... Only when pains are shared they get reduced.... And seems like you never want to come out of this..... But do remember one thing.... You are so dawn in your mother's lose that you had made my daughter to miss her mother who though is alive but......" He didn't complete but I understood what he meant to say...

Yes, I am failing to be a good mother.... Since I lost my mother, I even made my daughter away from her mother.

"Rekha.... do you remember what you said when your daughter was born.... you promised to be the best mother like how I was to you.... but today you are failing from that duty....." I did hear my mom's voice to say......

Varun was about leave when I hold him to stop..... I did cry..... The tears which I had been scared of three months.... was set free....

"I am sorry....." I said.

"But what can I do?? My mom.... she was everything to me... whenever dad used to be biased towards me and not akka; amma stood as a pillar for me and encouraged me. She suffered when I was sick, she cherished when I was happy... but today she isn't there..." I cried.

"Had she not sat on that passenger seat, and sat behind she would have been alive....." I cried...

Recalling what Chitto anna said....

On the time of accident.

"Just few minutes only amma then Rajini will be jumping up and down on seeing you back." Chitto anna said to amma.

Just as he turns, there came a truck which was out of control. Chitto anna didn't notice it as he was attending a call but amma knowing that it is to hit them, pushes Chitto anna out of the car and before she could jump from the car, the truck crushes the car along with her. Had she sat in the back seat she would have escaped with few injuries. That passenger seat.....

The whole night I did been crying and didn't remember when did I fall asleep.

The next day I was woke up by Rajini. She was expecting something from me. Her eyes could clearly tell it. I recalled what Varun said. I am separating my daughter from her mother.....

I just hugged and that moment I felt like hugging amma. I did realize it had been long time since I did hug her..... Guilt over took me. I had been biased towards my daughter.

"Never too late..... Even now you can replace these three months.... Don't think I left you. I am always with you..... It's not that if I had sat in some other place I would have been alive.... Death was on my fate that day.... So it happened when I sat in that passenger seat.... but it is not in your fate for next few years so full fill your duty properly..... Be a good mother....." Amma's voice said.

Yes. I will full-fill my duty properly. I will be the best mother for Rajini.

**************************************************************

A/N: Thanks to all the readers. Hope I had done my best and do tell if there are any mistakes.

And yes don't forget to:-

VOTE,

COMMENT

AND

SHARE.

Yours,

Rithushree.