19 - The Part Where Jade Needed Perrie... For A Different Reason

Start from the beginning

Jesy's eyes widened in astonishment and surprise once she heard the unanticipated news and Perrie did not blame her because it really was unexpected to be honest. Perrie was starting to regret telling Jesy by the way Jesy looked at her but then reminds herself that Jesy is her best friend and what's the use of having a best friend when you don't tell them your secrets.

"Jesy, please lower down your voice because we're not the only people here," Perrie pleaded, anxiously looking at her surrounding to check if anyone possibly heard.

Jesy rolled her eyes and slapped the back of Perrie's head.

"Stupid Pez!"

"Ow! What was that for?!"

Perrie held her hand up and slapped Jesy's arm, and rolled her eyes when she remembered Jesy being such a buff and was strong enough to tolerate these kinds of things.

Jesy shook her head in disappointment.

"Perrie Edwards, you just earned an award of standing in the middle of Jed and Jade's relationship. Way to go!"

"It's not like I even wanted this," Perrie groaned and frustratedly buried her face in her hands. "Jade was the one who initiated it... I didn't move!"

"Of course you didn't! Because you were fucking frozen."

Perrie peeked through the gap of her fingers, glaring at the brunette when Jesy started to laugh.

She knew that Jesy was being sarcastic but somehow Perrie was starting to dislike the girl's attitude because this is something to be taken seriously and not something to joke about. And Jesy is so not taking this
seriously.

"Jesy, I'm dying here," Perrie dramatically threw her hands up in the air and resumed to burying her face again in her palms.

"Okay, okay. Calm down, woman."

Jesy reached for Perrie's hands and clutched them, beckoning for Perrie to look at her in the eyes in which the blonde did.

"Perrie, you need to talk to her about the kiss whether you like it or not. Jade was the one who kissed you first so evidently she's too embarassed and she wouldn't initiate anything with you. So you have to do it."

"I'm scared, Jes."

"But not as scared as her, and you know that. Jade's in a relationship, Perrie. And she cheated on him... with you. So you need to tell her what to do."

~•~•~

Jade was a mess.

Her ombré hair was sprawled all over the pillow as if she was lying down and sleeping for days and she didn't bother to get up. Her eyes were bloodshot from all the pressure and from all the crying that she had done a few minutes ago. A bottle of Jack hidden inside her closet for days was now finally opened and was now exposed as it was now being tightly held in-between her hand. And a rose that has already died was being clutched by the other.

She lifted her body again, and chugged her drink, pulling a disgusted face because she was never really a fan of alcohol. She knew that drinking couldn't do anything good to her, but she just needed to forget everything that happened. She chugged a little bit more, until the ringtone of her phone began to blare repeatedly and Jade threw the rose she was holding elsewhere and grabbed the ringing device.

"Hello?" Jade whispered, not checking who she was talking to.

"Jade, it's Perrie. We need to talk about what happened."

It was a moment of silence between the two, and Perrie was waiting for Jade's answer, but it seems like Jade was being irresponsive and Perrie was getting slightly frustrated because she desperately wanted to talk about what happened.

Perrie sighed on the other line.

"Jade," she said, her voice was stern. "We need to talk about the kiss—"

"Perrie, I need you."

"What?"

"Perrie... please come here... I need you right now."

Perrie connected her eyebrows in confusion. She looked at Jesy, who was listening intently beside her and held up a finger. Jesy nodded, understanding the blonde needed some privacy and so Jesy stood up and walked away, but not before giving Perrie a warning glance.

Once Jesy was out of sight, Perrie immediately raised her phone up.

"Jade? Are you still there?"

"Y-yeah."

Jade sounded... different. It was like she's been crying for hours and the sobs are giving her away.

Perrie frowned.

"Jade, what's wrong?"

And when there was no answer, Perrie tried again.

"Jade Amelia Thirlwall—"

"Jed broke up with me."

Perrie froze.

"What?"

"Perrie, please come here."

Perrie took a moment, thinking about what would Jesy say about this but decided that despite all of this, Jade is still her friend and no matter what would happen, friends don't just leave each other's sides.

Perrie took in a deep breath and exhaled.

"Okay. I'll be there. Please don't do anything stupid. I love you."