3 | Pleasantly Surprised by Logan Prescott

Start from the beginning

"You know you don't have to worry about them," he whispers into my ear as he keeps us a decent distance behind the hostess who was escorting us to our table. "I'm not interested in her or any of them."

I can't help the blush that crosses my cheeks as soon as those words leave his mouth. I don't exactly know what it is about him, but he drives me crazy – but in a good way.

As the hostess arrives at our table that's located in a somewhat secluded area toward the back of the restaurant, I can feel Logan's hand on the small of my back steering me toward the one side of the table before doing the gentlemanly thing and pulling my chair out for me.

Logan settles into his seat across from me and our eyes lock again for the second time tonight. "Why do you keep looking at me like that?" I ask, tilting me head to the side slightly.

"Just admiring the view."

I look down at the satin napkin on my lap before meeting his gaze again. "Does that line work on all the girls you date?"

He laughs and shakes his head. "Weren't you paying attention to anything I said in the car before we got here?" When I don't answer him he smirks and shakes his head again. "I never dated – this is actually my first date since I was in high school."

"Hi, my name's Richard and I'll be waiting on you this evening. Can I interest you in something in our wine selection this evening?"

I look at Richard and then back at Logan who is scratching the stubble on his chiseled, define jaw line. "Yes, we'll take a bottle of Goût de Diamants – if you have it."

"Very fine choice, sir. I'll be right back with your bottle and your menus."

I'm so out of my league. I think to myself as I anxiously await the return of the waiter and the arrival of whatever outrageously priced bottle of alcohol that Logan had just ordered.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"I hope you don't think the night's over just yet." Logan said with a devilish smirk on his face as he signed the check for our dinner.

I leaned back into my seat and looked at him in disbelief. "Why am I not surprised? You seem to always have something up your sleeve."

He chuckled and stood up. "Indeed, I always do." Logan offered me his hand and helped me out of my chair before leading me out of the restaurant. As soon as we emerged from the restaurant, the valet immediately went to fetch his car.

"So this is what your life is like all the time?"

Logan shook his head. "No, not particularly. I enjoy ordering out sometimes."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You know what I mean."

"Nope, not particularly."

"I mean, this lifestyle. All the luxury and elegance. Doesn't it ever – I don't know – get old?"

Logan looked down at me. "You know, despite what you may think, I'm not about all the luxury twenty-four seven. I like simplicity – things you can only appreciate away from the city."

"Things like what?"

He smirked. "That, Love, is what I'm about to show you."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I relaxed back into the black leather seat of Logan's BMW as he weaved through traffic on the highway.

"So where exactly are you taking me and why are you driving like a madman?" I asked looking at his profile as he kept his eyes trained on the road.