Chapter 11: Murder

Just an OOC warning since a couple of people have told be about it but I never really done anything about it :P Feel free to point out any mistakes~
Enjoy~!!

When Shinichi finally woke up, he saw the blurry image of a worried Kaito just inches from his face. He panicked and bashed his head against the thief hard. He seriously wondered how many times that would be happening. It was almost every time when  something this happened where he would accidentally bash his head against Kaito's, and he swore he was losing his brain cells slowly, every time.

He rubbed at the dull pain on his forehead and focused on his surroundings. He seemed to still be in the Hattori household in the guest room which he and Kaito were sharing. 

"Kai, what happened?," Shinichi asked utterly confused. 

"That's what I want to know to! You passed out on me just like that!," he exclaimed with a snap of his fingers. "I swear one of these days your going to give me a heart attack!" He gripped his heart melodramatically although concern could be heard past the thin mask.

Shinichi slowly recalled what had last happened. He remembered feeling smug about making Kaito worry over him which was strange to say the least. He remembered that he had made some strange new amazing discovery while in pain, but couldn't remember what it was exactly. He'll have to go memory searching again later when he has the time. He looked out the small window that the room had and realized the sun was already setting.

"Kaito, how long have I been out?," Shinichi questioned, staring at the sun setting. It was a nice orange color mixed with a light pink, making the clouds look like cotton candy from the colors that covered the sky. 

"Well, you've been out for a long while," Kaito answered and grinned his usual grin. But it didn't seem to reach his eyes. "I guess you should have stayed at the hospital and relaxed," he commented and mumbled a few incoherent words which the detective didn't need to hear to know it was something along the lines of "I'm sorry". 

"Hey Kaito, don't beat yourself up because you think it's your fault when it's obviously not," Shinichi said with a smile which soon quirked down a bit. "Something is wrong with my body right now, but I have no idea what it was but it had nothing to do with being discharged early. However, I am just a bit mad for being discharged early."

At this Kaito fell silent, thinking about the last few words that Shinichi had said ignoring the still mad part. His mind soon turned to the Apotoxin and one person came up in his mind. A person that would probably scare the crap out of Kaito in the near future. The She-Devil, A.K.A. Haibara Ai, the other could-be not-child. As soon as her face popped up, he soon remembered the text he got from anonymous who he realized was in fact the She-Devil. He flipped open his phone, watching Shinichi give him a look with out eyebrow arched upward that read "what in God's name are you planning this time?" He soon dialed the phone number and was answered by an old man, namely the professor.

"Hello? Who is this?," The professor asked.
"Oh hello! I'm looking for a girl by the name of Haibara Ai? I have a friend who needs her help."

There was rustling from the phone and the distinct sound of Agase-hakase calling for Haibara, followed my more rustling and some whispers. 

"Hello? Who is this?," Haibara asked, already cautious of who was on the other end of the line.

"I would think that you had already known who this is," Kaito said with a sharp grin that was practically audible through the phone. He heard a calm intake of breath and looked to Shinichi who was now mildly annoyed that he was completely out of the loop again.

"What do you want KID-san?," Haibara asked with the calmness of an elderly lady who had dealt with way too many children and was like a god when it came to patience.