Chapter 12: Blonde

Again, OOC warning (Because I know Hattori probably wouldn't act like the way he does in this chapter) :D

Enjoy~~!!!

Shinichi let it ring for a few minutes, too invested in drinking his coffee to bother picking it up. Then it rang another 4 times before he got annoyed and finally picked it up.

"Who is-"
"Oi Kudo! Where are you right now?!," Hattori yelled into the phone.

"I'm at a cafe a few blocks away," Shinichi answered. "Why? You wanna eat with us or something?"

"No, someone was trying to kill you! The coffee that the dead guy got was originally meant for you and the killer guy just ran off! The police are chasing him but lost him! Get out of there Kudo!" With that Hattori cut the call, leaving Shinichi staring at his phone for a minute before gathering his stuff

"Kaito, we have to go," Shinichi said quickly, grabbing the magician by the hand and pulling him farther from the crime scene but let Kaito take a moment to slam a few bills down before leaving.

"Shin-chan? What happened?," Kaito asked, following the panicked boy closely. Shinichi was paling and Kaito didn't like that, not at all. He gripped Shinichi by the shoulder and turned him sharply, forcing Shinichi to look at him. "Shinichi. Please, answer me."

"The k-killer. The one that killed the m-man was trying to k-kill me and, and-"

"Shin-chan. Calm down. Even if that man did come for you, I wouldn't let him. Okay?" Kaito pulled the other boy into an embrace. "This isn't the first time you've had a criminal after you, but even with the amnesia, this is a severe reaction," Kaito mumbled into Shinichi's hair softly. "What happened to you?"

Shinichi did nothing to answer, just pulling the other closer for comfort. He tried to control his breathing slowly before detaching himself from the hug and continued to walk farther until they got to a more quieter part of the city. Kaito followed behind him quietly without a word, almost bumping into Shinichi when he had stopped abruptly.

"I feel like I should run. Whenever I hear killer, I think of those men in black, and then it feels like a wave of emotions just washes over me from before this amnesia incident," Shinichi whispered quietly. "I don't get whats happened to me, but I know it was something that somewhere sub-consciously, I'm trying to keep hidden away from my own self. That it was something awful that I really shouldn't try and pry into, but these emotions; it's just a lot of fear and panic and sadness and I don't know what to do with it." Shinichi sighed, running his hand through his hair and attempted to soothe the headache that was starting to pound.

Kaito hugged the boy in front of him and whispered, "I prefer your blushing face to this one." Before Shinichi could register these words, Kaito turned him around sharply and kissed Shinichi. Shinichi had froze, but a second later, Kaito felt the detective wrap his arms around his neck and kiss him back. The magician smiled into the kiss and gripped his ass slightly, making him yelp. Kaito took this opportunity to deepen the kiss and take control, tasting the remnants of coffee and lemon pie, just as Shinichi could taste the lingering chocolate from the croissants. They broke for air after a moment and Shinichi finally realized they were still in public.

"You perv," Shinichi muttered angrily, but Kaito knew that the anger was just nothing but a small act.

"Admit it Shin-chan, you loved it~," Kaito answered back and yelped in surprise when he felt himself get dragged away again and out of the ring of people that were staring, seeing that some of them was the printing press that probably saw this as big news. What a surprise this was going to be when they got back. Kaito couldn't wait to see everyone's reaction to this.