"Yeah I miss him a lot."

"Does he live far away?"

She instantly regrets this question as she sees the pain come upon his face. She wants to reach out and hold him, tell him everything is gonna be ok.

"I wish he did. He was hit by a drunk driver one night. He died."

"Blake I'm so sorry. That has to be so hard on your family." She says reaching out and grabbing his hand.

The look of shear pain didn't disappear but eased with the contact of their hands. Blake can feel himself relax at her touch. He craves more but doesn't want to scare her.

"It's ok it happened awhile ago, I just miss him. I don't think that ever goes away just gets easier to deal with ya know."

"I guess your mom knows what the birds felt then. I feel so bad for her. Is she doing ok?"

"It was rough at first. She wouldn't let me leave her side. I stayed home with her for a long time. Things got better after she met my step dad. They got married four years ago and that was when I finally felt like I could go off and chase my dream, but I think it's just that. A dream."

"Well I have heard you sing and your good. Any agency would be a fool for not signing you."

"Thanks Gwen I appreciate it. Now enough about me, who is your role model?"

"Definitely my mom. I mean she has the perfect life. She found my dad who absolutely adores her. Then she had my siblings and I. She deals with life in such a respectable way. She has the life I have always dreamed of."

"So you want four kids?"

When he sees her face fall and her eyes fill with tears, it breaks his heart.

"I'm sorry Gwen we don't have to talk about that."

Tears begin to fall down her cheeks. He wishes he had let this go. Now that he screwed up, all he wants to do is erase the pain she is feeling. Tears continue to stream down her face like waterfalls. He has clearly struck a deep cord.

"Please don't cry Gwen." He says moving closer to her and pulling her into his lap.

She instantly buries her face in his chest as his arms wrap around her, encasing her like he is trying to keep the hurt out. If she hadn't been upset Blake would have been in heaven having her in his lap his arms wrapped around her.

"Gwen please I didn't mean to make you cry."

He can tell she is starting to calm down. He rubs circles on her back hoping to fully calm her. Her tears finally stop and she pulls back just enough to look at him.

"I'm sorry." She says looking down and away from his gaze

"Hey stop apologizing. It's ok to not always be strong. Do ya want to talk about?"

To be honest she doesn't know if she wants to talk about it or not. She doesn't want to be this blubbering mess in front of him but there is something about him and the way he treats her that she wants to tell him everything. However, she finds herself shaking her head no and scooting back out of his lap. Blake knows that having kids is a raw subject for Gwen. He doesn't know the details but it's clear to him she has been told that kids are not an option for her. He wants to tell her that it will all work out that she will be a mom one day, that he will make sure of that. But really who is he to say anything. He cares about Gwen there is no denying that but he isn't even her boyfriend.....yet. He can't face the thought of walking away and never seeing her again though and he can only pray she feels the same.