"It's Not LIke I Was Alone"

Začít od začátku

If it hadn't been for that stupid dream she wouldn't being feeling like this. She wouldn't have just abandoned him. But it did and she did. She had the dream only week after returning. Annabeth had gotten to speak to Luke. It was the gift the goddess Aphrodite had given her, but now it seemed more like a curse. She wasn't ready to face those emotions, even after Percy going all the way to Tartarus to be with her. No she didn't love Luke. He felt more like a brother than ever before, but when she woke up to her surprise she began to look at Percy the same. Like a brother and a friend.

And it made her feel guilty. That is why she turned away and couldn't bare to look at him anymore. She just for whatever reason couldn't see him in the same romantic light.

There is a nock on the door, startling her out of her thoughts. Annabeth sits up just as Piper pokes her head in and closes the door softly behind her.

"Hey," the other girl whispers.

"Hey."

"Nico just dropped in," Piper says sitting down beside her. "I guess Percy told the Avenger everything after all."

"Oh?" Annabeth barely looks up. Piper is one of Annabeth's closest friends these days. She's often the one who brings the latest updates, which almost always surround Percy and his new family of superheros. Chiron had suggested before that it might be a good idea to just to tell them about the demigods, before they found out on their own. This way they can control the situation and the amount of info that is leaked.

Piper shifts slightly. "I just thought you might want to know."

Annabeth looks up and smiles slightly. "Of course I did." She looks down again and hesitates a little bit. "I was just thinking, you know. About him. He was always there. Always so loyal....I destroyed that."

Piper lays her hand on her friend's shoulder. "I know I'm supposed to have all the answers to love and whatnot and I don't, but all I can say is that what is done is done. I may not know him as well as some, but I know that Percy doesn't hate you for it. He's probably already forgiven you. All that's left is for you to forgive yourself so that you two can get over it and just be friends or at least not be so awkward."

Annabeth looks up and her eyes are slightly moist. Oh no she's not crying of course. She's the daughter of Athena and after everything she's been through she does not cry... It's just a little stuffy in the room. "How in the world am I supposed to that?"

"Is the daughter of Athena asking the daughter of Aphrodite how to do something?!" Piper says looking aghast. "I really should have brought a recorder or something. This should be documented."

Annabeth rolls her eyes. "Haha very funny. Just help me."

"Well, why don't you go to him. Stop avoiding him and just face him. It's going to be awkward, but eventually you'll work it out." Piper suggests with a shrug.

Annabeth sighs and retreats into her mind for a moment to think, the way only she can. After severl agonizing moments for Piper, Annabeth looks up and says, "I guess I better catch a cab to Stark Towers then." 

Pipers just smirks. Maybe things will finally return to normal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fury stares hard at the table, his eye glassy and unfocused. His attention is focused solely on the little black earpiece in his right ear, the feed coming straight from the breakfast table of the Avengers.

His fingers tap his leg as he tries to decide what to do with this new information. He's glad he decided to tag Thor with the microscopic microphone last before he left the tower. The Asgardian is perhaps the only of the team who would not notice that he'd been bugged if only because he is not familiar with Earth's technology.

After some time Fury stands and stalks out of the room. He may not be able to target this camp, but he doesn't need to. Nor does he have any particular interest in starting a war with Greek gods and demigods. One is a enough and it just so happens that the right one just happens to be a rather easy pick up.

He presses the earpiece. "Agent Hill. Gather a team and have them ready. Prepare to head out to Stark Towers in an hour."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Finally an update. Probably didn't expect the last two 'POVs' did you? I wanted to make it a little suspenseful. Hope I managed. Anyway I have so got an idea for another PJO and Avengers fanfic that's like totally separate, where they meet in a different way, and it's killing me. I have too many stories going as it is and I hardly update as it is. 

So vote if you like the story and vote if you think Percy looks hot in the pic a found this time, Percy toting Hera/Juno into Camp Jupitar. She is totally one of those crazy bag ladies. :)

Also don't forget comment and follow me. It's greatly appreciated.

Lastly I just added a new story. It's a Percy Jackson and Supernatural one. Please please please check it out along with my other stories.

As always love

~Halie <3

 *side note- my brother is only fourteen and he just posted some stories. please go check it out and support him. and I give you permission to critique him a tiny bit. He just wrote a short story that is called "Family is Complicate...." It's super sweet and endearing.