The Scars

It isn't that the Avengers hate Percy. It's just that they don't know what to do about him. He goes about his life in the tower keeping mostly to himself and the only person who ever comes to visit is the girl Alicia, though Tony has seen the duo hanging out with four others outside the Tower often. He spends most of his time between school, sleep and working out. They see him in the gym even more than they do Steve. Not only that but the kid knows how to fight. 

So for the most part they just leave him be even though Tony refuses to let him move back to his old apartment. 

Tony finds Percy once again in the gym, this time at the punching bag which he normally doesn't bother with. 

"Hey kid. Didn't realize that bag ever did anything to you," Stark says strolling up casually. 

Percy shoots him a look that either means 'Shut up' or 'Your not food! Go away!' "What do you want?"

"I was thinking it is about time you got a check up."

Percy freezes for a second and his face contorts is disgust. "No."

Tony grins. "Oh come on. The last one you had was when you were eleven and it will only take Bruce ten minutes tops."

Percy groans inwardly. The amount of info they have on him he found creepy at first, but now that he has gotten used to it, it is merely annoying. "No."

"Too bad." Tony's grin turns childish.

Suddenly Percy is enveloped in giant bear hug from behind and lifted off his feet. He can smell the familiar pipe smell that seems to follow the non-smoker Steve Rodgers. 

"Put me down!" he yells and tries to break away, but it is futile. Steve has perfected this hold and Percy can't get in a good kick or elbow anywhere. Though he definitely tries. "I don't need a stupid check up!"

The two men ignore Percy's persistant shouting and take him to Bruce's lab three stories above. 

Bruce looks up in surprise when they come in. Steve promptly plops Percy on the examination cot in the corner and Tony reaches forward and snaps on hand cuffs. Why he had hand cuffs or what he would need to use them for no one knows and they really don't want to either. Percy glares at them as he tries to yank his arm  out.

Bruce comes over hesitantly. "What are you doing?"

"I want you to give him a check up." Tony says with a smug look in Percy's direction. 

"Why?" Bruce questions.

"Well at first I just thought to give him one to have on record," Tony starts with a mischievous glint in his eye. "But then I saw it bothered him. So I'm having you do it just to get under his skin." No one seems to notice as Percy's shoulders stiffen.

"I don't need one," Percy growls but all three ignore him.

After a moment Bruce shrugs and says fine though he eyes the handcuffs with a 'what have I gotten myself into' look. Tony gives a satisfied nod and then him and Steve leave. Steve gives one last apologetic look at Percy before the door closes. 

Bruce quietly gets to work checking Pecy's vitals and asking questions, though Percy doesn't speak. He just stares straight ahead with a stubborn set to his jaw.

"Come on kid," Bruce begs. "If you work with me it will go quicker."

Percy sighs, "fine."

"Do you have any medical problems, alergies and are you diagnosed with anything?" Bruce already knows the answers, but he does it to pretend that the kid has some privacy. Not that he does anymore, being the nephew of Tony Stark.

"I'm ADHD, dyslexic and allergic to annoying people."

Bruce rolls his eyes. "Have you ever been seriously injured in the past?"

Percy locks his jaw and doesn't say anything.

"Is that a yes?" Bruce asks slightly alarmed.

"No! It's a no!"  Percy snaps. When did his temper get so out of hand?

Bruce doesn't look happy, but he doesn't pry. "Have you ever been seriously sick, reacted to something you ate or come into contact with poison?"

Percy's whole body is coiled and tense. He seems ready to snap, but he whispers "Four times."

" What?" Bruce asks, confusion besting his placid doctor's face.

"Four," Percy says quietly, but his words whip around the room with anger. "I've been poisoned four times."

Bruce stands suddenly from his rolly chair causing it to crash to the ground. "What?! That's not on record!"

Percy glares at him with resentment. "Of course it isn't. I was stupid and it was dealt with. End of story."

Bruce picks up the chair and sits back down, stunned. He didn't expect that. What kind of teenage of boy is poisoned twice and on top of that doesn't even show up at a hospital. He wants to ask if it was rat poison, but somehow he knows it wasn't and besides Percy has obviously said he isn't going to elaborate.

He picks up the papers from the floor and motions to Percy. "Once last thing. Take of your shirt so I can't check your chest for any other possible health issues."

He says it casually, but Percy doesn't move. Instead he flinches. He seems to realize this and says, "Can't. I'm handcuffed."

"Just lift it."

Percy refuses. Bruce grimaces as the last of his patience slips away. He reaches forward with surprising swiftness and strength tugs the shirt over the protesting boy's head so it hangs only on the handcuffed arm.

What he sees causes him to freeze in his tracks and stare in horror. Percy Jackson's whole torso is littered with scars of ever shape, size and origin. Percy looks away, pain written across his face. Most of the scars look barely a year old and as if they have had difficulty healing.

Suddenly the doors wisshh up open, but neither person looks. Tony strides in. "Hey what's taking so long? It's been over twenty minutes. Don't tell me you -"

Tony too freezes where he stands, staring at the net of scars. His eyes widen. "What the he-"

"Shut up," Percy interupts. "I don't want to hear it." 

While the two men are dumfounded he picks the locks on the cuffs, tugs back on his shirt, and stomps out the door.

We've all got bruises and scars. It doesn't matter if they are physical, emotional or both. It doesn't matter if they fade. The point is they are scars. They never go away and sometimes they hurt. The only salve for them is the shoulder of someone who is willing to  be there for you, to help you through the pain.

Percy has suffered a lot in these stories and I think it's time that he deals with it instead of hiding behind his cocky smile.

Also why is he so angry? And where is Annabeth?

I bet you're just dying to know. >:)

Anyway pic to the side is Bruce. Please vote and follow. 

Pleases and thanks yous.