Patrol

Chat was doing his daily patrols when he spotted his classmate, Marinette. She was walking on the street. Of course, Ladybug and Chat Noir had just saved the day so she had no way home. Chat jumped from a nearby building and pounced right in front of her.

"It's dangerous to be out this time of night, you know." He smirked.

"Then why are you out?" She asked.

"Who else would protect the city of Paris?" Chat laughed and walked up to her.

Marinette rolled her eyes, "I don't think any Akuma's would attack this time of night."

"Need a ride?" Chat gestured to his pole.

"I think I'll stick with walking, I'm not to fond of heights," she mumbled.

Chat caught up to her and huffed, "Then I'll walk with you."

"You don't have to Chat. I'm just going to my bakery," Mari insisted while starting to walk faster.

"Can you cut me a deal on some cookies?" Chat raced to match her pace.

Marinette giggled, "Only because you save Paris." She ruffled his hair. Chat walked with her to her bakery until they reached the door.

Chat opened the door, "Princess?"

"Why, thank you." She stepped through the door and headed behind the counter.

Chat slid into one of the bakery's nearby seats and put his arms on the counter. "Where are your parents?"

"Bakery convention," she replied while picking out different kinds of cookies. "How's it going with Ladybug?" Mari started walking to Chat.

"Still blowing off my confessions of love," he sighed.

Mari stopped walking. "C-confessions of l-l-love?!" She almost dropped the plate of cookies.

Chat laughed nervously, "Did I say that out loud?"

"You love her?" She asked.

"Purr-haps...." He loved her but somehow he knew she would never love him back the same way.

Marinette sighed and put the cookies on the table. Chat reached for one and took a bite out of it.

"Your desserts are always the best." He took another bite.

"You've been here before?" Mari asked, selecting one of the cookies.

"W-What? No, I'm just assuming they have always been the best," Chat quickly replied.

"Ah." Marinette stood up from the chair. "Want some milk to go with that?" She headed towards the fridge.

"You're far too kind...." Chat smiled widely. 

Marinette laughed and poured Chat a glass of milk. "I was assuming you'd like milk."

Chat took a sip and leaned back, "I can't deny it. Anyway, I should probably get going." He jumped out of the seat and headed for the door. "Thanks for the cookies." He snagged another as he walked toward the door.

"Bye, Chaton." Mari put the milk away as Chat walked out the door and bit into her cookie once more, watching him more than she usually would as he left.

To be continued...

This is just the beginning guys. It's gonna get a lot more complicated.

Until next time then...