Chapter 11

Not His Juliet by K. Jessica Ramirez

Chapter 11:

The light buzz I felt earlier in the night is nothing but a drifting memory. I can't feel anything anymore and can I just take a moment to exclaim how amazing that is! The music blaring around Austin and I is some type of country music that I've never heard before. Now I know I must be shit faced drunk because I think I might just like this song. Let me just remind you that I've spent the last seven or so years listening to pure classics. Yeah I'm beyond drunk.

But I can't make myself care. I want to be drunk. I want to stop caring about everything. Hard liquor has always given me that sweet escape. Coming with Austin is just a plus. I'm sure I could have gotten drunk on my own but something about me just wants to be with Austin. Plus I'd more than likely go looking for a face to smash in therefore having Austin with me also aids in that area of keeping this town safe another night.

"Austin?" I ask my eyes wondering around the pub.

I didn't even notice the dance floor when we arrived or anything besides the bar really. But in my defense I was in need of a drink or ten, still am. All I'm saying is if Austin offers to buy a third bottle of tequila I'm all for it. 

Anyways after our second or was it our fourth bottle? Anyhow after being sufficiently declared drunk I noticed more and more people arriving into this small town pub. Maybe it's the only one in town. That would not surprise me. Did you know the population of this town is 200? I've never seen such a small town, ever.

That might be why there seems to be zero connection to the outside world. I still have my laptop hidden away in my carry on along with my IPhone and emergency phone. Maybe I could call Avery later on and get her to make my IPhone a hot spot so I can start working.

Okay I'm getting off topic the point is everyone’s dancing and drink and having a good time. Austin and I are seated in the far back drowning our sorrows or more like mine. I'm sure Austin only agreed because he's a good friend or maybe he's just a guy who loves to get drunk. Let's go with the first one though it makes me feel special.

"Yeah darlin'?" Austin answers his words just the tiniest bit slurred.

I smile involuntarily at Austin. Gosh he's cute; okay he's more than cute. I'll admit this man does things to me. I know I can never have him but it's a nice fantasy. One where I can be happy and where that’s the only thing that matters. Or you know lock him away in his bedroom chaining him to the bed. Okay I'm drunk and horny, not good.

"You’re the best you know that?" I comment still sporting that stupid lopsided smile on my face.

Austin turns to me and laughs playfully. His laughter is so beautiful. His laughter reminders me of deep beautiful color brown and I have no idea why but I want to listen to it over and over again. His laughter alone could bring world peace, I'm sure of it.

Gosh this man will be the death of me. Come to think of it I've never thought about my death more than the second I stepped foot on Texas land. I have to say though dying in the arms of this Greek god would be the best way to go. Maybe this trip wasn't such a bad idea at the very least I've made one friend to help me survive through the many weeks of torture to come. 

"What?" I ask shoving his shoulder playfully.

I grab the tequila bottle and serve myself another shot tipping it back. It no longer burns my throat on the way down instead only warming it a bit. Plus with every shot the hard liquor only makes me feel even more carefree. Have I mentioned I'm a great drunk? Now that's a story for another night, hopefully one where I'm just as drunk with Austin by my side.