Chapter 34- Downward Spiral.

ابدأ من البداية

"Are you guys happy now?" I say through gritted teeth. "What are you talking about?" Abby ask with an apologetic look on her face.

"Toby left me. She's gone." Abby walks up to me and she places her hands on either side of my face, she looks deep into my eyes and her once apologetic look shifted into an unapologetic one.

"Its for the best Cade. There wasn't any room for her in our life. She didn't understand you." Our life?

"Why are you so fucking delusional? You don't even understand me. Nobody but her does. You fucked up my life Abby and I loathe you." I spit my words and grab a hold of her hands removing them from my face.

"Stay away from me." An angered look falls on her face and a tear falls. Pathetic. I make my way up the stairs to grab my keys. I wasn't going to let Toby go that easily. She was mine and she knew damn well I belonged to her. There must be some other reason why she has done this.

I grab my keys and I don't bother putting on a shirt or even grabbing shoes the only thing in my intention, scratch that the only one I intended to be around and see right now was Toby. I dashed down the stairs and my dad says, "Where are you going?"

"Where the hell do you think?" I retort sarcastically as I dash out of the house. I unlocked my 2013 subaru brz and hoped into it fast, backing out of the drive way in about 5 seconds and I thank my illegal street racing days for my swiftness.

As I enter the free way I let my foot fall heavy on the gas pedal. Just then a phone starts ringing and I'm wondering what the hell is happening? Didn't I throw mine away? I shift my gaze for a second and I notice the phone laying on the passenger seat. I reach over for it and I realize its Abby's phone. Why the hell did she leave it in here?

The name flashing on the caller ID was my father and I knew the call was for me. What the fuck does he want now?

Up on answering it he yells, "What the hell did you do to my office!?"

"I destroyed it." I tossed the phone and shifted the gear. I'm coming Toby, please don't leave.

****
I arrive at campus hours later and park right at the dorm's entrance. I ran in the building and continued until I reached the room. The door was open and when I went in I felt dead inside. Toby's side of the room was empty, I went into her closet and it was empty too. Was this some type of sick joke?

How was she able to pack all of this up so fast? Anger swells in me as my mind comes up with multiple negative thoughts. She must have been planning to leave all a long. "Fuck!" I breathe out as I come to a shocking realization. She planned to leave me from the day Abby posted that engagement photo.

When I came in here she was packing up. All this time I couldn't see and it was right there in front of me. A single tear sheds and I wipe it away fast. The last time I cried was when I was 10 years old. My mother died when I was 8 but I'd have nightmares of my mothers bloody face talking to me. That was 10 years ago, it was all because I lost the woman I loved. It took me 2 years to get over my mother's death I don't want to know how long it will take me to get over the love of my life. I was in love with her and I wanted to tell her when I sorted out everything.

Even now that she left and I feel completely betrayed and lied to, I still wanted to tell her.

"Cade what did you do?" A teary voice speaks from the bathroom and I shift my gaze to it fast.

Shockwaves of disappointment fall on me as I notice it was Toby's friend Jessica. "What did you do to her?"

"Cade answer me." She demands in her teary voice and I stand dumbfounded. What did I not do to her? She was right to leave, I didn't deserve her. I hurt her so much. I walked over to her bed and I sat down on the the mattress, all the memories of us laying here in each others arms come back to me. I was nostalgic and I hated the state I was in.