Transformers Prime: Take Care Of Me (Humans x Gender Neutral Reader)

Requested by Thebenjagirl6

"Owwwww! Ratchet, you're hurting me!"

You tried to ignore your weirdly high pitched voice as the medic manhandled you over to his operating table. How that was possible, you had no idea--the last time you checked, you were taller than him.

Well, was taller than him. You seemed to have to twist your neck cables into impossible postions to even get a glance at his helm as he bent over you, a look of irritated amusment plastered on his face.

"Well, that didn't go as planned....and that is why we test things, Y/N, before we just suppose we know how they work and activate them." Ratchet glared at you, tapping a few commands into his datapad.

"Yeah, whatever, just tell me what happened and why everything is suddenly so big!!" You whined, reeling back a little at the sound of your new voice. Your processor was still spinning from the blast and it was hard to think straight.

Ratchet's fingers flew across the datapad, his optic ridge furrowing as he tried to make sense of the information displayed there. "The machine majorly malfunctioned and somehow warped time, but only from inside the machine. The outside world remained in the same time zone and period....perhaps it even altered the dimensional reality? But only the inside turned back the aging process...."

You rolled your optics. "Use your words."

Ratchet huffed agitatedly and put down his datapad for a moment to tell you, "You're a sparkling."

Your optics widened and you silently begged Ratchet to say something, anything, to prove this wasn't happening when something exploded in the other room. Ratchet leapt up and rushed away, leaving you sitting on the impossibly large expanse of table to wonder what in the All Spark was wrong with that medic's mind.

He ran back in, collecting a few of his tools just as the groundbridge opened and the humans strolled in, pausing as they took in the scene before them.

"Oookay...." Jack muttered, watching as Ratchet scrambled to grab his welder.

"Rafael! I need your help before this busted pipeline bursts any further and floods the base in poisonous gas and kills us all!" The mech yelled, tossing some sort of mask on top of the pile of tools in his arms.

"When is something not trying to kill all of us?" You grumbled, kicking your legs against the rim of the table irritably.

"Coming, Ratchet!" Raf shouted after him, running alongside the medic as they disappeared into the next room.

"Miko, Jack, watch Y/N and make sure she/he doesn't get into any more trouble!" Ratchet yelled over his shoulder before the door to the medbay slammed shut, leaving you alone with your new caretakers, who were staring at you like they had just seen a ghost.

"Y/N, what did you do this time?" Jack sighed, using the stairs next to the table to get to your level.

Miko hopped up next to you, poking your side curiously. "Did Ratch turn you into a kid?"

You waved her away annoyedly. "Yes, he did, and I don't need anyone to take care of me. I'm fine."

You tried to get off the table and promptly fell on your face, just as Raf came back into the room.

"Sure you don't." He laughed, offering you his hand which you refused.

"Aren't you supposed to be helping Ratchet?" You groaned, picking yourself up off the floor and standing on wobbly legs.

"He decided it was too dangerous and that I was being too annoying." Raf giggled as you almost fell again. You just glared at him, wishing Ratchet had let him stay. At least it was one less annoying human to deal with. You sighed, making your way up the stairs and flopping down on the couch.

Miko was right behind you, joining you on the couch, Jack sitting next to her and Raf plopping down in a chair. You groaned in exasperation, wiggling as far away from them as possible.

"I told you guys, I don't need anyone to take care of me!"

Miko laughed and scooted over to you, leaning her head on your shoulder. "Oh come on, Y/N, it'll be fun!"

"I wouldn't quite say 'fun', Miko, but it'll certainly be interesting." Jack chuckled, getting up and crossing to your side of the couch.

"What does a baby Cybertronian--"

"Sparkling," you corrected, interrupting Rafael.

"What does a sparkling need anyway? I know what a human baby would want but what do you guys need? Like food? Do you even eat?" He asked, looking you up and down curiously.

You curled into yourself. "We just need lots of love." You muttered sarcastically, shaking your helm. "Let's just do what we normally do! Fool around, prank Ratchet, watch TV, go for a drive...."

"We can't exactly do all of those right now, Y/N, giving the state you're in." Jack smirked knowingly at you.

"Let's just watch TV--OOH! Y/N! Now that you're our size, you could play the racing game with us instead of just watching! Here!" Miko slapped a controller in your hand and scooped up the other, turning on the TV and flipping to the game.

/--Later--\

"HaHA, I win AGAIN!!!"

You waved your controller around in the air as you did your little victory dance in front of Miko's face. "Aren't you supposed to be the master at this game, Miko? Hah! NOT ANYMORE!" You crowed happily, spinning on your heels a few times before plopping back down on the couch.

"No way, you cheated again!" Miko yelled, slamming her controller down on the table. "Raf, tell (him/her) (he's/she's) cheating!"

"Nope, (he/she) just did exactly what you always do. Knock the car off the track so it spins out and crashes." Raf laughed, giving you a quick thumbs up over the top of his computer.

Jack, however, was in hysterics. "That, was awesome. Y/N's the new champion around here, Miko! Eat. IT!" He yelled, grinning wildly and slinging an arm around your shoulders.

You rolled your optics. Humans still confused you. "Okay, Jack, she gets it. Now quit acting like an intoxicated youngling; you're supposed to be the mature one, remember?"

Suddenly you felt a wave of exhaustion hit, and you recalled the failed nap attempt from earlier. "Seriously though, I wasn't kidding about being tired. Must be the whole sparkling thing kicking in."

You yawned and shuffled your way over to the couch, flopping down and laying your head in Jack's lap. He tensed up for a moment, but he settled down as your optics slid shut and you felt recharge begin to claim you. Raf shut his laptop and sat on the couch in front of you, laying his head on Jack next to yours. Miko crawled over and used you as a pillow, wrapping her arms around you in a half-hug. Gradually you all fell into a gentle slumber, cradled in each other's arms.

Ratchet poked his head around the corner to call for Rafael, but stopped himself when he saw the pile on the couch. He crossed the room as quietly as he could, staring at the dozing children until the image was burned in his memory. He'd have to ask Mrs. Darby to get the camera later.

Ratchet allowed a small smile to creep across his face. Maybe the machine wasn't a total failure after all.