Chapter 5 New visitors? >:)

~Ashley's P.O.V~

Mitch ran over to the front barricade and rushed up the ladder, followed by Jerome, Preston, Madie then me. Zack climbed up behind us and I cocked my Barret M90 (I did my research guuuuuuurl xD). "Wait for my mark, then fire!" Zack yelled slowly. I held my breath, crouching down. I peered at Jerome with a grenade in his hand. "FIRE!!!" I pulled the trigger and felt the gun push back as a bullet propelled through a zombies brain. I fired  once again, the hoard now getting dangerously close...

~10 Minutes later~

"Shit! They're getting closer! Retreat!" Zack yelled, ushering us all back down the ladder. "Mitch, Jerome, Maddie, Ashley, Preston get over here!"  We all ran over to him, sweat trickling down our faces and fear in our eyes. "I'm going to go get all the elderly, kids and disabled as well as pregnant people to safety, you guys gather anyone capable of fighting and guard the fort!" Zack yelled, running over to the 'school' we had set up. "Come on, they're going to be here soon!" Mitch shouted, rushing over  to a house.

~Another 10 minutes later~

By now we could hear the banging and groaning coming from the main gate. We was all outside down, crouched down guns at the ready. Zack had joined us, and he nodded at Grace to lift the gate. "Get ready!" Before the gate was even fully lifted, they crawled under it and approached us. We didn't wait for an order, we just fired, killing anything that got close. Then, shit hit the fan and people died. We heard a scream of agony as an infected got it's teeth into a fellow survivors neck. Mitch killed it, but it was to late...

More people died, far too many more. Then, the worst thing happened. Grace got bit. "GRACE!!!!!!" Zack yelled, ushering me over as we ran over to her. "Z-zack.... Get the other to safety... no one else needs to die..." She muttered her final words as more blood spewed out of her neck, and she lay there dead. A tear escaped my eye, and Zack looked at me. "Ashley, tell the others to go. We'll go grab the kids etc and follow them." I nodded and ran over to Mitch, another zombie sinking it's teeth into yet another survivor. "Mitch, we're leaving through the back! Me and Zack will meet you along the way, so keep going on a straight path!" I called. He nodded and called everyones attention.

I ran with Zack and we met up with the kids. We got all the disabled in wheel chairs and got the kids and pregnant to help wheel them along. No one else was going to die today. Then, the worst thing happened. A zombie rushed around the corner and bit Zack on the arm. "Zack!!!" I screamed. I stared at his arm as blood spewed like a waterfall out. "Ashley... go with the kids and meet Mitch and the others.... I'll hold them off." Tears flooded from my eyes, but I nodded and ushered everyone out.

I heard gunfire as we ran through the forest. I saw Mitch, Preston and the others and ran over to them. But, I was met with a surprise as I saw some unexpected visitors....

~Mitch's P.O.V~

"Mitch, we're leaving through the back! Me and Zack will meet you along the way, so keep going on a straight path!" Ashley yelled. I nodded and shouted "Guys, we're abondoning this hell whole, come on!!!" Everyone ran after us, or at least what was left of us. None of us said a word, not even a mumble. We just ran until we was clear, when we slowed down and walked breathlessly. Then, we came across some people we was NOT expecting to see.

"Felix?!" I yelled. It was Felix, Ken, Ryan, Michelle (Minx), Lee, Joe and Elliott (SourceFed) and some other people I didn't recognize. "Felix what are you doing here?" I told the others to lower their guns, and so did Felix."We erm... we got a distress call via the radio and came to help. What the fuck happened?" Felix asked. "We... got overun. We've lost to many lives..." Preston explained. Felix nodded as Ashley ran up behind us. "Mitch?" She said. "Oh shit, Ashley!! Wait... where's Zack?" I asked. I saw tears pour out of her eyes before she mumbled "He's.... he's dead...." I let out a gasp of shock.

"Sorry  if this is at the wrong time but erm.... Would you guys like to stay with us? We could use with more survivors, and the more the merrior right!" Lee laughed.  I smiled and nodded shallowly. They smiled and called us to follow them. I could still hear the screams of all the lives we lost ringing in my head... "Mitch?" Madeline began, stroking me on the back and bringing me back to reality. "It's going to be OK, these guys will look after us, OK?" I nodded and walked along. Finally someone who's first thought was to shoot first, ask questions later.