54. Babysitters

Maine woke up the next morning and found Richard staring at her.

"Good morning, Panda," he said with a sweet smile.

"Bakit naman ganyan ka makatingin?"

"Why? Ang sarap mo lang pagmasdan pag tulog ka," he said, smiling. "Best part of my day."

"Naku... Kumekeso ka nanaman, halika nga dito," she said, hugging him and kissing him lightly on the lips. "Good morning, Marshmallow."

"Good morning. Baba na tayo? I still have this day off since ngayon pa lang darating ang flight ni Edward from Singapore. Maagang aalis sina Jay for work, sa Manhattan pa sila eh. Let's join them for breakfast na."

"Eeee... Parang nahihiya ako," Maine said, biting her lip.

"Bakit naman?"

"Yung kagabi kasi," she said shyly and he laughed.

"Ano ka ba, sila naman ang nauna. Hindi big deal yun."

"Parang ang awkward kasi. Paano kung narinig nila tayo?"

"E di quits lang."

"Nakakaloka," she said with a small laugh.

"Teena wants Tita Panda, Mommy. Wew Tita Panda?"

Maine looked at Richard when she heard Athena's voice. "Hala. Gising na little marshmallow ko," she said, sitting up quickly and climbing off the bed.

"Little Marshmallow?" he said, frowning. "Akala ko ba ako lang ang marshmallow mo tapos ang little marshmallow mo eh s--"

"Sssshh! Halika na daliiii. Hinahanap na niya ako."

"Pambihira. May kaagaw na agad ako?"

They stepped out of their room and into the hallway, and saw Jay leaving their room too, fully dressed up for work. Maine noticed how him and Richard really looked alike. From their hair, to their dimple, and even their height. Jay was just a bit leaner and it was obvious that he was older with the way he carried himself, but other than that, they look practically like twins.

"Hey, you guys are up. Good morning!" he greeted them casually.

"Morning bro," Richard said and Maine just gave him a small smile.

"Come on, let's have breakfast. Parating na si mommy, and Dei and I will leave in half an hour," Jay said as they walked down the stairs. "Had a nice sleep?" he asked.

"Uh... yea. Medyo may jetlag lang so di nakatulog agad. Nagkwentuhan muna kame," Richard answered.

"I see," Jay said, clearing his throat. "Akala namin nakatulog kayo agad."

Maine blushed but was grateful to see a cute distraction at the foot of the stairs. Athena was picking up a toy with her back to them.

"Hey, Princess," Jay called her.

"Dad ---" she said excitedly when she turned, "--dy." A look of confusion crossed her face as she looked at Jay and then at Richard.

"I'm your daddy," Jay said when they reached her. He scooped her and carried her in his arms.

"And I'm your uncle. Mas guwapo ako sa daddy mo," Richard told her. The girl just stared at him. "Di marunong magtagalog, Jay?

"Nope."

"Mamaya tuturuan kitang magtagalog, Athena ha, because your Tita Panda plans on kidnapping you and taking you home," Richard told her.

"Tita Panda!" Athena said, finally glancing at Maine. She squirmed out of Jay's grasp and reached for Maine, begging to be carried.