Chapter 45: Freedom

Start from the beginning

"R-Rosaria...?"

"H-Hey... are you guys... hurt? Gah!" She was cut short as the man kicked her in the stomach and sent her crashing.

"So this little child is your saviour, Rosaria? Huh. Doesn't look like much, sure... she can crash through a door, but man she's weak," he said and yanked her up by the hair. "Hey! Rosaria?! You hear me?"

"Don't think so, kid must've passed out from the pain. Just tie her up with the other two, I'll get some other traders here and we'll have some fun with these kids."

"Oh... I hear you alright... man you just don't know how badly you just screwed yourselves up. Oh, and you hurt my friends...? Well..."

A single bright flash, and the man crashed through several walls before being buried under a heap of stone.

"You guys, are all going to die!!" She shouted, fire flaring out of her eyes. The guy who lost a hand saw this and started running, but Rosaria just threw her sword right into his foot, stopping him immediately.

As he yelled in pain, she walked towards him and smiled evilly.

"Oh no, you aren't going anywhere," she grinned and slammed her foot right into his face, breaking his nose and causing a few teeth to fly out of his mouth. She pulled out her sword and was about to stab his throat, but I quickly called out to her.

"Rosaria! Don't!!" I yelled.

She stopped moving, and turned to me, her eyes showing a murderous expression.

"Rosaria... calm down..."

"S-Sorry... d-did I scare you?" She looked away. "Guess I'm still having problems with the personality transition."

"Yeah... let's talk after you get us down. I've been tied up for a bit too long. And my face really hurts."
---Rosaria---
After cutting them down, I untied the two of them and we sat down. My back was burning from whatever the person threw at me. Charles showed up later on after I called him, here to help.

Este had to spend around four minutes getting over the fact that Charles saw her in an embarrassing getup before finally being able to talk with him. Charles gave her his jacket to cover herself up at least. Her face was a different story... we needed some gauze to put over her right cheek.

Hey, you okay? You almost forced me out.

Yeah, I'm fine. Just...

Keep your emotions steady girl. You can't go on a rampage like this.

Got it.

I know you're angry, but you need to chill.

Thanks...

"Rosaria..." Raan Tian looks looked at me worriedly. "Are you alright?"

"Don't worry about me, you two are more important. I'm fine being scarred, but I can't let you get scarred."

"Yeah yeah, miss hero. You keep saying that. But being a reckless dolt isn't going to help." Charles said, washing the slime off of me. "Oh god... your back's messed up, where did all these scars even come from?"