They didn't have to ask for an excuse from me. They simply slapped some handcuffs on my wrists and dragged me from the square.

"Why waste his time?" I heard one of the Guards utter as we walk down the cobblestone street, my feet stumbling along with them. I'm yet to find out where I'm going to be taken. I assume I will be questioned by a law enforcer who will find my parents and force them to take me straight to the boarding school before I can attempt to run away.

All the while, Lucy is still out there.

"It's about time he sees how much some people hate this Pack," another Guard replies. He leans down over me, pulling back the veil of dark hair I had been hiding behind.

"Where you from?" He questions. I glare back into his cruel eyes. "Vengeance? Desire?"

I growl in response.

"He's the Alpha. He doesn't have any interest in a young female trying to escape," the more sensible Guard muses. This guy pulling on my hair, dragging me by my arm should really take some advice from the others.

"Come on, he's just got back from his run," the Guard holding me taunts. "Let's humour him."

The Alpha runs at night?

I was dragged down a few more streets, the pushing at the shoving never ceasing, despite my willingness to comply. If I'm not let off now, I'll be sent straight to the school, and all my chances of every escaping and finding Lucy again will disappear. I've never met an Alpha, but that doesn't mean I won't be able to talk my way into innocence. He's the Alpha of Purity after all.

Well, here's hoping, I suppose.

The Alpha had in fact been on a night run in wolf form. He emerged from a small ground of his Guards that were protecting a tight corridor that must lead to the outside. His own personal runway to escape. Wish I had one too.

Clearly he had just shifted, otherwise you would never catch the Alpha of Purity without his shirt on around anyone else. Luckily, he enough time to put pants on.

I didn't pay much attention to his body, or at least, I tried my best not to. His eyes were what captured me.

He seemed surprised at my presence. I don't blame him. Why should an Alpha have to deal with an unruly girl trying to run away? The Guard's are probably looking to shame me in front of him so I would back to my mother crying? One day I'll be strong enough to retaliate against them.

When I escape, I'll come back for them

He stares at me, eyebrows furrowed. The darkness drifts around him, masking his face, accentuating the sharpness of his jawline and cheekbones. I could see the Alpha in him; an average male doesn't carry himself like that. He's clearly the embodiment of all that he stands for, and it's instantly intimidating.

"What is this?" he questioned, his voice thick and pure with an accent only derived from this Pack.

I want to cower away. If there is anyone who I can get in the biggest trouble with, it's an Alpha. Especially the one of the Pack I just tried to make an escape from.

"Thought you might want to deal with this one," the Guard holding me said with a guttural laugh. He shoved me forward, until I stumbled onto the ground, my knees hitting the hard concrete under me. I bit back a groan of complaint. Okay, that hurt my pride more than it hurt my body.

Rylan narrowed his eyes on the Guard, offering me a hand until I was pulled back up by the collar of my shirt. Back into the arms of the Guard I go.

"You know what happens to my Guards who play around with innocent girls," He said deviously soft.

"Trust me, she ain't innocent," the Guard mutter, pulling my hair back until i was forced to move my face back, exposing half my face to the pig. "Caught her trying to escape over the main wall."